Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Mobile and apps/LinguaLibre's audio learning mobile app
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: The Wikimedia project http://LinguaLibre.fr (github • live by 0x010C) allows non-wikimedians volunteers to records hundreds of words in their languages very efficiently. Yet, these audios moving to the wiktionary, a tangible end-product with these hundreds audios datasets hardly materializes for the volunteer speakers and non-wikimedians.
- Who would benefit: Larger public and wikimedians. Boost volunteer speakers motivation by providing immediat materialization of their recording efforts.
- Proposed solution:
➊ Develop a template dictionary HTML/CSS/JS web app in the line of this very recent French Sign Language app (github • live by Lyhana8) or this Chinese Vocabulary app (github • live by myself).
➋ Implement technical solution so
this template + other dataset from lingua libre = variation of the app with this other data set.
➌ Embed web app code via PhoneGap Build or alike so to produce and publish language-specific mobile apps, soon after recording sessions.
- More comments: Other technical ways are welcome, but we need to have a "learning-this-dataset app" or "learning-this-dataset webpage".
- Phabricator tickets:
- Translations: none yet
- Support Jcornelius (talk) 09:58, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:15, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 22:07, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 10:27, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Xenophôn (talk) 11:13, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Trizek from FR 20:54, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support African Hope (talk) 17:45, 7 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Noé (talk) 10:16, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Nicor (talk) 13:49, 10 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Psychoslave (talk) 08:26, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support — NickK (talk) 17:45, 11 December 2017 (UTC)