Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Watchlists/More Options for Auto-Watching
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: In the Preferences there is a check box that lets you "Add pages I create and files I upload to my watchlist". This means every time you make a new page, it will be added to your watchlist. For people who work on Recent Changes, and others who categorize talk pages, etc, this means that in the course of a couple hours you can add potentially hundreds of pages to your Watchlist.
- Who would benefit: Editors across the board.
- Proposed solution: There should be an option to further choose the pages you want to watch, sorted by namespace. For example, if I'm a content creator and also work on RCP, I want to continue to automatically watch my Article pages I create, but I don't necessarily want to follow every User Talk page that I put a warning on. Likewise I don't want to automatically follow every Talk page that I put a WikiProject tag on.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Translations: none yet
- +1 to a gadget or something, we don't need more preferences here. 😂 (talk) 00:38, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Dvorapa (talk) 10:36, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:26, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Pretty useful. — Draceane talkcontrib. 18:53, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:11, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 12:44, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 12:42, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support TheCatalyst31 (talk) 17:35, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support As gadget or option JAn Dudík (talk) 12:15, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support — Bilorv (talk) 01:21, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support X:: black ::X (talk) 22:32, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Mariusmm (talk) 14:18, 11 December 2017 (UTC)