Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Archive/Allow users to comment when thanking others
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: 提議在條目歷史中的感謝功能裡添加可選摘要，若感謝者想要對被感謝者說些什麼時很便利。// In the page history, there is a "thank" button. Proposing to add the option of adding a short summary in order to better convey why are you thanking a particular user for their edits.
- Who would benefit:
- Proposed solution:
- Phabricator tickets: T58373 (declined)
- Proposer: Janee Talk to me 10:17, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Translation: In the page history, there is a "thank" button. Proposing to add the option of adding a short summary in order to better convey why are you thanking a particular user for their edits.--Cohaf (talk) 18:50, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- The Thank feature is meant to be lightweight. Let's avoid adding weight to it. :) --Izno (talk) 01:38, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
- +1--Cohaf (talk) 06:28, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
- For the records, adding comments to a Thanks has been declined before in phab:T58373 --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 13:38, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
- Example: On Facebook was only Like and people wanted Dislike too. This was not done, but some more replies were added. So some more options to Thank maybe should be added (but I have now no ide which ones). JAn Dudík (talk) 21:50, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
@Jane9306: Do you have any thoughts about the suggestions above? I wouldn't be opposed to a proposal along the lines of JAn Dudík's solution, but the proposal as written has already been declined in Phabricator and goes against the purpose of Thanks, which is to provide a very simple feedback mechanism that requires no extra moderation of content. (The WikiLove extension was created to handle more complicated positive feedback needs.) If there is no response before the voting period begins, I'll go ahead and close this proposal (per the "previously declined" rule). Thanks for your understanding. Ryan Kaldari (WMF) (talk) 01:47, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe a "post to editor talk page about this edit" button next to the "thanks" button? I'd like a function that would let me post a talk page comment containing a link to the edit in question easily from the history page. HLHJ (talk) 07:35, 14 November 2018 (UTC)