Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Archive/Video player should allow playback at multiple speeds
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Video player should allow playback at multiple speeds
Withdrawn by proposer (too many proposals)
- Problem: Videos can only be played at one speed. For skimming information, faster is nice. For watching things that move too fast to see (or typing in Commons:Timed Text subtitles) slower would be nice.
- Who would benefit: Anyone who wants to view a video at another speed without downloading it.
- Proposed solution: Allow speed to be set as a multiple of standard speed.
- More comments: This might fit well with an ability to edit subtitling online through the Commons interface, which could improve accessibility.
- Phabricator tickets: task T174393
- Proposer: HLHJ (talk) 02:23, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
I would like to withdraw this proposal as it has met with no interest and will just clutter the vote. Also, I have a better third idea, if I'm allowed that... HLHJ (talk) 17:04, 10 November 2018 (UTC)