Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Archive/Enable two-factor authentication for all wikis
< Community Wishlist Survey 2019 | Archive(Redirected from Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Miscellaneous/Enable two-factor authentication for all wikis)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: Security is at risk for all users, especially where unauthorized attempts are made to log into users accounts without their knowledge.
- Who would benefit: All users and staff who edit Wiki(p/m)edia websites.
- Proposed solution: To implement two factor authentication consisting of a code sent via a secondary method such as a verified email, SMS to cellphone or a preselected key to make login security stronger.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: DaneGeld (talk) 17:20, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
- This is more-or-less a duplicate of Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Bots and gadgets/Available 2FA for All CONCERNED Editors. --Izno (talk) 18:28, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Izno: - You're absolutely right, it is. I put it here under miscellaneous cause all the other categories didn't look right for it. It's not a bot, it's not a gadget, it's a change to the MW software which IMO doesn't fit in the other categories! But I'll support that one instead :) This one is withdrawn. DaneGeld (talk) 19:28, 10 November 2018 (UTC)