Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/One-click solution to show qualifiers and references in wikidata SPARQL-queries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: It is a great experience and big advantage to browse wikidata using the query helper. For the unexperienced user it is difficult to see what qualifier, rank and sources the data have. This makes it difficult to explore the data for users without or with little SPARQL-knowledge.
- Who would benefit: Showing the sources in queries would make it easier to see what part of the statements is for example sourced. This would help to estimate the reliability of the statements of the property and may increase the acceptance of the data in other wiki projects. On the other side further use and operations could be made, if for example one can see all the available qualifiers (like "point in time" etc.).
- Proposed solution: In the query-builder there is already a button to add a label for the required property. One additional button should add the unit, the rank, all the qualifiers and all the references to the result of the query.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Datawiki30 (talk) 21:37, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
- Just a comment that this proposal may be more complex than it seems: the simple queries without qualifiers etc. refer to a different triple structure than the complete queries would, and that transformation may be hard to automate. ArthurPSmith (talk) 16:43, 17 November 2018 (UTC)