Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wiktionary/Find more active users
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: Small user communities (Wiktionary as well as others) have a problem to find and welcome new users.
- Who would benefit:
- Proposed solution: Solve bug T234798 to improve Mediawiki's existing mechanism for finding "active" users (with 1 contribution in the last 30 days) to add a threshold for at least some number N contributions.
- More comments: When created in early October 2019, T234798 was categorized as a low priority. Hopefully, this wishlist survey could change that.
- Phabricator tickets: phab:T234798
- Proposer: LA2 (talk) 20:57, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- This is definitely a bug (and has been logged as such), but I'm curious as to how we could use the function for the purposes of the project. Could it be used to encourage further editing, for instance? Yannis ✆|☑ 13:09, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
- It's not a bug, but a feature request. Today, when I look at the list of "active" users on Swedish Wiktionary, I get a list of 79 people who made at least one edit in the last 30 days. But many of these have done only one or two edits as part of vandalism. I want to find the people who made at least 10 edits to find newcomers that should be welcomed. It is possible to scroll through the 79 names and pick those with at least 10 edits. But the software could provide that filtering. --LA2 (talk) 20:18, 27 October 2019 (UTC)
- Support Nice proposition! Lyokoï (talk) 12:34, 21 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Sadads (talk) 21:44, 21 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 08:59, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support This is an easy way to facilitate collaboration. Nemo 09:09, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support LA2 (talk) 12:56, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Stilfehler (talk) 14:45, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Melroross (talk) 15:21, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 15:54, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support 游魂 17:11, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 19:47, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Good proposal! Harshil169 (talk) 13:12, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Thibaut120094 (talk) 16:49, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support It would be helpful. I hope that we count only unreverted contributions. DCDuring (talk) 18:23, 30 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 17:46, 2 December 2019 (UTC)