The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Add new functions to the abuse filter
- Problem: The abuse filter could benefit from more functions that work in conjuction with
- Who would benefit: People who want to use time-based rules to prevent vandalism.
- Proposed solution: Add new functions such as
last_editthat will pick up the timestamp of any given article when it was last edited compared to the overall timestamp of the wiki itself, or
timezonethat could detect where someone lives and apply a timestamp accordingly. Those are examples, of course.
- More comments: Other function ideas, per comment in discussion :
last_active(for users). I would be more interested in regard to timestamp-related functions. Those are all the ideas that come to mind right now.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 22:59, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
- @MarioSuperstar77: For personal reference, can you give some other examples of functions that you might also suggest adding? Best, KevinL (aka L235 · t) 06:38, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Any improvements to AbuseFilter will help admins a lot. These new function ideas seem reasonable and useful and I bet others could be brain-stormed. Kaldari (talk) 18:20, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Waddie96 (talk) 18:23, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Count Count (talk) 19:19, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support * Pppery * it has begun 01:48, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support 1Mmarek (talk) 11:32, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Helder 09:50, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Temp3600 (talk) 17:45, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Geonuch (talk) 13:11, 20 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support BradChim (talk) 14:49, 20 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Barkeep49 (talk) 15:39, 20 December 2020 (UTC)