Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Categories/Display flexible number of images in categories
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Display flexible number of images in categories
Deutsch: Flexible Anzahl von Bildern in Kategorien anzeigen lassen.
- Problem: The same problem as submitted several times. Currently, categories are limited to a maximum of 200 images displayed per page. On the one hand, this is no longer up-to-date because the devices can process more data. On the other hand, it is simply a hindrance when processing larger amounts of data if you only have 200 thumbnails per category page. It should also be easier to reach images that are further back. Anyone who currently wants to see image 1800 in larger categories with around 2000 images must first click through in a complicated manner in steps of 200.
- Deutsche: Dasselbe Problem wie schon mehrfach eingereicht. Derzeit sind Kategorien pro Seite auf maximal 200 angezeigte Bilder beschränkt. Das ist mittlerweile zum einen nicht mehr zeitgemäß, da die Geräte mehr Datenmasse verarbeiten können. Zum anderen ist es für die Bearbeitung größerer Datenmengen einfach hinderlich, wenn man nur 200 Thumbnails pro Kategorie-Seite hat. Zudem sollte es einfacher sein weiter hinten liegende Bilder zu erreichen. Wer derzeit in größeren Kategorien mit etwa 2000 Bildern zu Bild 1800 will, muss sich erst kompliziert durch in 200er-Schritten durchklicken.
- Who would benefit: People who do bulk edits on Commons and people who search for images and have to work with larger categories.
- Deutsche: Personen, die Massenbearbeitungen auf Commons machen und auch Personen, die Bilder suchen und dabei mit größeren Kategorien arbeiten müssen.
- Proposed solution: In addition to the standard setting of 200 images, there should also be a variable setting option. Either as a box on the page, as predefined sizes (about 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 images per category page) or in the personal settings. Even better all three options in combination. Jump marks are also required so that you don't have to click through in steps of 200.
- Deutsche: Es sollte neben der Standardeinstellung von 200 Bildern auch eine Variable Einstellungsmöglichkeit geben. Entweder als Box auf der Seite, als vorgegebene Größen (etwa 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 Bilder per Kategorie-Seite) oder aber in den persönlichen Einstellungen. Noch besser alle drei Möglichkeiten in Kombination. Zudem braucht es Springmarken, um sich nicht in 200er-Schritten durch klicken zu müssen.
- For me it would already help if there were jump marks in steps of five pages (forward and backward) and the possibility to go straight to the last page. I guess this would have less impact on the performance as the suggested solution. JopkeB (talk) 15:29, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- You might also use w:en:Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser. Geert Van Pamel (WMBE) (talk) 18:30, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support I know this has been proposed and ignored before, but I still think this would be very useful. kennethaw88 • talk 05:43, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Till.niermann (talk) 06:45, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support -- Triple C 85 |talk| 10:33, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Elefantikus (talk) 10:57, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support JPxG (talk) 05:46, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support NaBUru38 (talk) 20:24, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support as requesting person. -- Marcus Cyron (talk) 23:59, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Gereon K. (talk) 17:39, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Defines a required number of images per category. WikiFer msg 19:53, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Fixer88 (talk) 09:01, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Also better placing of images to optimize space - limit the white space. --FocalPoint (talk) 16:13, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support ThomasLendt (talk) 15:25, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Tutwakhamoe (talk) 21:21, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support — Draceane talkcontrib. 12:55, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support GiFontenelle (talk) 18:42, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Lt2818 (talk) 14:26, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Charlesjsharp (talk) 16:53, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support I guess having such an option would not harm as long as the load on the servers would not be too big, let's not forget that it is not only client devices that should be taken into account. Base (talk) 20:26, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Owleksandra (talk) 20:27, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Superchilum(talk to me!) 12:23, 18 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Nachtbold (talk) 16:20, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Schniggendiller (talk) 17:19, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support — Baidax 💬 17:54, 21 December 2020 (UTC)