Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Editing/Round brackets
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Deutsche: Runde Klammern
- Problem: Sometimes it takes a long time to put the corresponding words or sections in brackets in long lists. Would be nice if there was a tool to speed up this process.
- Deutsche: Manchmal dauert es sehr lange bei langen Listen die ensprechenden Wörter oder Abschnitte in Klammern zu setzen. Wäre schön, wenn es ein Werkzeug geben würde, mit dem man diesen Vorgang beschleunigen könnte.
- Who would benefit: People who work with brackets a lot.
- Deutsche: Leute, die häufig mit Klammern arbeiten.
- Proposed solution: Similar to curly brackets, link brackets or wikilinks, but just round.
- Deutsche: Ähnlich wie Geschweifte Klammern, Linkklammern oder Wikilinks nur halt eben rund.
- Hi Melly42. Thanks for this proposal. Would you want to see this implemented in the wikitext editor or in the visual editor, or in both? Also, do want it to work that when you type "(" the editor automatically supplies ")"? How else would you trigger this? — The preceding unsigned comment was added by AEzell (WMF) (talk)
- I do not understand what you are trying to say. Can you please elaborate on which feature you want? There are already rounded brackets available to use on most keyboards, but they're not meant to be used on the wiki's code since they're used very frequently in the text to highlight comments and such. MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 19:03, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Hello, you can use the old editor's synthax highlighter... Ok, I just tested it and it's no Notepad++. --NaBUru38 (talk) 20:40, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- ( ) – Round brackets. --BoldLuis (talk) 13:56, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry for replying lately. I was in a hospital the past two weeks. I wish round brackets in the Visual Editor and the wikitext editor (insertable wiki markup). That means when I mark a text segment both the open bracket and the closed bracket should be set automattically. That might be useful for long species' lists, where you set the Latin name in brackets. --Melly42 (talk) 10:28, 14 December 2020 (UTC)