Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Archive/accents for foreign languages and names
< Community Wishlist Survey 2021 | Archive(Redirected from Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Editing/accents for foreign languages and names)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proposed existing feature
- Problem: When typing in names that have various types of accents over individual letters, there is no simple way to get an accent.
- Who would benefit: Newer editors creating or expanding pages.
- Proposed solution: Create a choice of symbols. In Microsoft word I can just go to symbols and there are many accents to choose from. In microsoft word I can go to "symbols" and choose from many.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: ~SallystantonsaundersSallysstantonsaunders (talk)
- @Sallysstantonsaunders: In the classic wikitext editor (which you appear to be using), there's a "Special characters" link in the toolbar. In VisualEditor or the 2017 wikitext editor, this is available via the "Ω" button in the toolbar. Are these not working for you? MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 05:16, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Sallysstantonsaunders: Since we have not heard back from you, I'm going to archive this proposal for the time being as there appear to be existing solutions for this. If we have misunderstood you, please clarify and we can move the proposal back. This will need to be fixed in time for voting on December 8. Thanks for participating, MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 19:30, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
- Not very fancy, never the less very well delivering: Type or insert the character in Word, and copy/paste does the job.T.vanschaik (talk) 00:20, 23 November 2020 (UTC)