Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Notifications/Alert after adding or removal a CSD tag
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Alert after adding or removal a CSD tag
- Problem: On smaller wikis, pages that are marked with CSD tags can survive for a long period, even if there are active administrators.
- Who would benefit: Users who choose to activate this feature from Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-echo.
- Proposed solution: Adding an option (that per default, it should be disabled) at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-echo. If you choose to activate that feature: if a CSD tag is added/removed in/from a page, you will receive an alert about that. In order to work, all CSD tags should contain "<includeonly>__ECHOCSD__</includeonly>" (the adding/removal of this magic world should trigger the alert). If there are added more than one CSD tags in page, you should receive only one alert, to prevent spamming. Also if there are added further additional CSD tags or if there are removed some CSD tags, but not the last (you should be announced only if the last CSD tag is removed from a page). To prevent the adding of __ECHOCSD__ magic word without a CSD tag, it should be created an abuse filter which stop other users to add this magic word in a page, but allows them to place it if they place a CSD tag.
- More comments: Something similar it could be created for unblock requests.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: --NGC 54 (talk / contribs) 12:59, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- Would you please clarify what a "CSD tag" is? --Matěj Suchánek (talk) 15:35, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- @Matěj Suchánek: A CSD tag is something like en:w:Template:Db. --NGC 54 (talk / contribs) 15:55, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- Why a notification? Is the intent so that you can go in restore the speedy deletion template? Why not use AbuseFilter to prevent this from happening in the first place? Another option is to tag edits that remove speedy deletion templates for later review. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 17:01, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- @MusikAnimal (WMF): "Why a notification[...]in the first place?" this is a better variant. --NGC 54 (talk / contribs) 17:27, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 02:56, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support SeGiba (talk) 18:11, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support enL3X1 ¡‹delayed reaction›¡ 04:51, 17 December 2020 (UTC)