Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Reading/Table of contents anchoring
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: In mobile versions (and desktop versions), if you want to access the table of contents bar, it is quite hard.
- Who would benefit: Readers.
- Proposed solution: Implement a TOC quick access button at pages that have Table of Contents. This can be done across mobile and desktop, where if the TOC is inaccessable at page location (at desktop), a button appears, where when clicked, shows the table of contents as a popup box.
- More comments: This have been achieved across various methods that hijack the magic word __TOC__ to be put into a <html> tag. However, this workaround requires user scripts, and is definitely not anything that can be called accessability. This should be considered as an accessability tool.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: 1233 （T / C） 10:27, 22 November 2020 (UTC)