Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Search/linksfrom: filter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: It can be difficult to find articles linked from a page which satisfy other criteria.
- Who would benefit: Readers using, and editors maintaining, list articles, navboxes, etc.
- Proposed solution: Give search a linksfrom: filter, like linksto: but checking the other end of the wikilink. Following redirects would probably be helpful.
- More comments: incategory: and PetScan work for some cases but it can be hard to combine link checking with other filters efficiently.
- Phabricator tickets: T253642; possibly rTSVN5206
- Proposer: Certes (talk) 16:06, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Example uses:
- – Certes (talk) 16:06, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- To answer Tyrekecorrea's comment below: this enhancement may result in us discovering a lot of things which were already linked incorrectly. I think that's a good thing, as finding a problem is the first step to fixing it. Or have I misunderstood your point? Certes (talk) 22:11, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support MarioSuperstar77 (talk) 20:19, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Would be useful tufor (talk) 20:40, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support as proposer. Certes (talk) 21:22, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 01:31, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Петър Петров (talk) 17:35, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose I have a feeling this is going to just result in a lot of things being linked incorrectly, since a lot of media uses the same terminology. Tyrekecorrea (talk) 18:43, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support NaBUru38 (talk) 21:07, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Izno (talk) 22:41, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Philiptdotcom (talk) 13:39, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support β16 - (talk) 09:56, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support solitary oppose is frankly incomprehensible – Teratix ₵ 06:45, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Kku (talk) 07:26, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Golmore (talk) 06:59, 18 December 2020 (UTC)