Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Watchlists/Large watchlist access
Large watchlist access
- Problem: editors with large watch lists (40k + for example) (by accident or intention), when trying to edit or access their watch lists are responded to with timeout messages.
The usual response from those who know, is there is no way that the large watchlist can be fixed except my manual means, time consuming and for large watchlists a real problem.
- Who would benefit: anyone who has a large watchlist.
- Proposed solution: Some method by which sections of large watch lists can be accessed, without causing a timeout message. There may be more than one way of separating.
Sometimes the components of a larger watchlist has material across all forms of material found in english wikipedia. Other watchlists might have only articles. There should be more than one way to 'breakup' or gain access into the watchlist of size.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: T41510
- Proposer: :JarrahTree (talk) 01:54, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- May be users could have multiple watchlists. Each one could be selected to view the changes relating just to that list or to add/delete items to the selected list. This would help users organise their watchlists to focus on specific areas of work, deletions could be kept on one list, vandalism on another, etc. This would reduce the large watchlist problem and make them manageable. Keith D (talk) 01:38, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
- While we're at it, deleted pages should automagically be removed from watchlists. How about an option to also unwatch the talk pages of inactive users. These two options could quite dramatically shrink watchlists of editors like myself who have been here for a decade or longer. Dodger67 (talk) 18:11, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Jacob300 (talk) 19:55, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Pi.1415926535 (talk) 21:28, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support JopkeB (talk) 05:53, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Similar proposal on the Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Watchlists/Multiple watchlists. WikiFer msg 16:36, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Keith D (talk) 01:27, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Kizule (talk) 06:12, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Dodger67 (talk) 18:06, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Jarekt (talk) 16:29, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support WTM (talk) 00:42, 15 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Golmore (talk) 11:14, 18 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 05:48, 19 December 2020 (UTC)