Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Wikidata/Improve Derived Statements
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Improve Derived Statements
- Problem: at present, derived statements are shown only pressing a button at the bottom of the item. And the button itself is a preference (the relateditems gadget).
- Who would benefit: increase the visibility of interconnections among items.
- Proposed solution: add a section visible by default, compressed and expandable.
- More comments: minimum information immediately shown in this section could depend on values of P31, and include counters at least. Expanding the section, all derived statements will become visible. Or other similar solution.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Bargioni (talk) 09:29, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- Derived Statements is a hack. I think the proper solution should be to fix Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Wikidata/Allow access to some inverse statements through Lua and parser functions. NMaia (talk) 03:14, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support I'm guessing "allow access to some inverse statements through Lua and parser functions" will take a bit of time to implement, would be great if derived statements got some attention and love in the meantime. It's extremely useful but "breaks" when there are too many of a given inverse, as an example. Seeing qualifiers would be great too. Moebeus (talk) 22:03, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 20:54, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose focus on Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Wikidata/Allow access to some inverse statements through Lua and parser functions. NMaia (talk) 04:22, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support β16 - (talk) 10:51, 15 December 2020 (UTC)