Community Wishlist Survey 2022/Mobile and apps/Simplify uploading on Commons mobile app
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Simplify uploading on Commons mobile app
- Problem: Current uploading takes four steps to upload. Only two (title and license) are essential.
- Proposed solution: Convert uploading steps in to a single page: Title, description and license should be listed in one page. Categories and structured data should be requested only after the uploading starts.
- Who would benefit: New mobile uploaders
- More comments: Currently the uploading is slow and time consuming. At least the structured data input should be moved to last step. Categories can also be confusing for new mobile uploaders as the mobile interface does not even show categories.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Vis M (talk) 08:34, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
The repo for the Commons app is here. There's a group of volunteers maintaining it, you can create a new issue with your suggestions. -FASTILY 08:01, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- At least you have a native app on Android. On iOS, you just have to... use a computer. Ayack (talk) 17:11, 18 January 2022 (UTC)
Uncategorized pictures are not very useful, that's why we strongly suggest to users to select relevant categories. Depiction search is much more powerful (and localized) than category search, that's why we put it first, as chosen depiction are used to suggest categories that otherwise would be very difficult to find. Good idea about uploading while filling metadata, I created an issue for that. Syced (talk) 09:48, 4 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Malexan (talk) 15:33, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Thingofme (talk) 02:25, 1 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support - Darwin Ahoy! 14:43, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Exilexi (talk) 18:04, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Ayumu Ozaki (talk) 07:54, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support --Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 16:20, 6 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support So far I've exclusively used the website wizard on desktop, but yeah, the more we can support users using the app(s), the better for project growth! paul2520 (talk) 16:08, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Em-mustapha talk 17:29, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Tom Ja (talk) 17:52, 7 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Elilopes (talk) 18:48, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support Marcok (talk) 13:01, 11 February 2022 (UTC)