Content Partnerships Hub/Needs assessment/Questions
Content Partnerships Hub
Improving the Wikimedia movement’s work with content partners
Questions for discussions
There are three main areas that we discuss around:
1. Experiences and best practises from earlier work with content partnership?
2. What are the main needs for future work with partners?
3. What could a good and efficient support look like?
Do you work with content partnerships today?
This can be about ongoing partners and collaborations right now?
Reflections and experiences from earlier collaborations and partnerships.
Is the focus on technical solutions, or events, or education, or something else?
What tools do you use?
What is your normal work process in collaborations with partners?
Does it look the same for example with museums and libraries, or do they differ?
Have the institutions started their digitization work? If no, why not? What would they need to get started?
How do you communicate with your partners?
What are your desired content partnerships in the future?
Have you seen any interesting collaborations in other parts of the movement?
Are there similar experiences between different projects that can lead forward to new partners?
Do you have a work plan for new partners and collaborations?
Are there any leads in future planning that we can evolve together?
What content do you see in your institution context that would be valuable to share on our platforms?
What are your needs for a successful work with partners?
What is hindering you from successful work today?
What does the best support look like for a successful partnership?
Do you know how to mass upload data or images from your partners?
What would you need practical help with?
Other questions or perspectives?
Do you know of someone in your network who would be interested in this kind of collaboration too?
Some additional questions that have been suggested to add in interviews during 2022
Software and hardware:
– How does the hardware situation look? Is there any need for some specific hardware? This could for example be a scanner for books or a “container” with digitization equipment for a region. Can this be an area or theme for an application for funding?
– Are there partnerships where you want to deepen the contact and work more with content? Do you have enough capacity to work with content partnerships?
Which organizations would you work more with? What type of content is most valuable to work with in that case?
Copyright and licenses:
– What does copyright look like in your region? How can you clarify how the country's copyright works? Do you have contact with WMF or others who pursue copyright issues globally and who are available for questions?
– Do you collaborate with other chapters and affiliates, regionally and globally? What does that collaboration look like and is it desirable that these collaborations increase?
Are you working with content partnerships and would to take part in the research, please get in touch with tore.danielssonwikimedia.se