The committee is offering 45 full scholarships to cover the cost of selected individuals' travel and accommodation to attend the ESEAP Conference using funding provided by the grant from Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) and disbursed and managed by Wikimedia Indonesia (WMID).
The anticipated timeline for the scholarship is as follows (all in UTC +7):
Details of scholarship
The Scholarship Committee will be offering only one type of scholarship to attend ESEAP Conference 2018:
- Full Scholarships, which will cover the following expenses:
Full scholarships are subject to quotas, maximum two people per country. To see if your country/chapter/user group is eligible to apply, visit this page.
Eligibility to apply
Any active contributor to a Wikimedia project, Wikimedia volunteer, or Wikimedians who are involved in an outreach program in any other capacity, from East, South East Asia, and Pacific region, is considered eligible for a scholarship.
Activity within the Wikimedia movement will be the main criteria for evaluation. Participation in non-Wikimedia free knowledge, free software, collaborative, or educational initiatives is a benefit but is not a requirement.
To apply for scholarship, register here.
If you want to deliver some speech or conduct a discussion during the conference, please submit your proposal on this page.
The selection process will begin shortly after the deadline for scholarship application (March 15, 2018). All applications will be reviewed by members of the scholarship committee with feedback from other organizing committees. Selected applicants will be notified by email on what they need to do to receive the scholarship. If the applicant is unable to respond within the allocated period, the scholarship will be transferred to another candidate. A final list of attendees will be announced by March 30.
- Scholarship committee
The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to Wikimedia projects – Demonstration of any significant Wikimedia contribution such as being an active contributor to a Wikimedia project (e.g. Wikipedia, Commons or Wikivoyage), an organizer of Wikimedia events (e.g. photo contests, edit-a-thons, meetups)
- Impact – Online and offline results of their contributions which can be described quantitatively or qualitatively
- Collaboration – Roles within the Wikimedia movement and/or at home community, and partnership with external organizations
- Enrichment – The ability to share the experience, if awarded the scholarship, with a wider community and be able to bring the lessons learned at the ESEAP conference back to their home community
Please read and follow the directions on the form below. Any inaccurate data occurred after you fill the form should be informed quickly to the committee via eseapwikimedia.or.id.