ESEAP Strategy Summit 2019
Wikimedia ESEAP Strategy Summit 2019 was a focused event that brings ESEAP voices to the global conversation on Movement Strategy. This event was an opportunity for the regional collaborators to discuss together with community and affiliate leaders, as well as with representatives from some of the Working Groups, the most relevant strategy topics for the region across thematic areas. This allowed meaningful and creative discussions about the Wikimedia movement’s future, informed the ongoing conversations with the perspective from the ESEAP region, and offered communities and affiliates from the ESEAP region opportunity to strengthen relationships and deepened engagement with each other and this global process.
- Dates: June 29, 2019 - June 30, 2019
- Location: Pullman Bangkok King Power Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
- Number of participants: 30-35
- Contact: Athikhun Suwannakhan, Butch Bustria, Ivonne Kristiani, Liang-chih Shang Kuan
Wikimedia ESEAP Strategy Summit 2019 is held in order to achieve these goals:
1. Create an engagement of community members across ESEAP region with the movement strategy and provide regional perspective and/or local context in relation to the scoping documents and community conversation questions.
2. Become a venue for community members to have a conversation with strategy liaisons from different communities so there is a sharing of relevant information and experiences from the ongoing, concluded or planned community conversations they facilitate.
3. Become a venue for community members to have a conversation with some of the members of Movement Strategy Working Groups so they could provide guidance to participants on matters or concerns surfaced in their working group conversations in general and scoping documents in particular. This includes but is not limited to providing clarifications, giving sample future scenarios and share their work experience in their designated working groups.
4. Publish draft regional community position paper in relation to the future of the Wikimedia movement and ESEAP engagement in particular.
5. Create a short 5 minute video in addition to the proposition paper to capture the voice of this region and convey it to the public in an engaging form.
- Athikhun Suwannakhan (Chair)
- Butch Bustria (Secretary General)
Trust & Safety
Friendly Space Policy
Wikimedia ESEAP Strategy Summit 2019 is a friendly space event and abides by the Friendly Space Policy.