Feminism and Folklore South Asia
Welcome to Feminism and Folklore South Asia!
Feminism and Folklore South Asia previously called Wiki Loves Women South Asia is an international campaign organized at Wikipedia annually in the month of February and March to document folk cultures and women in folklore in different regions of the world on Wikipedia. This project is the Wikipedia edition of the photography campaign Wiki Loves Folklore (WLF) that is organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore traditions around the world.
The basic aim of the competition is to collect articles on human cultural diversity in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Foundation projects. This year we focus on folk culture around the globe, with a particular attention to closing the gender gap, as we are partnering with other affiliates and groups across the world.
Since 2019, we have been organizing a multilingual Wikipedia contest and chosen to place the project on meta allowing inter wikis, inter-lingual and inter-project cooperation, to foster the true aspect of our global wikilove movement. The campaign is targeted at protecting the world’s intangible cultural heritage and documentation of women biographies about women in folklore.
- February: Folklore around the world, including, but not limited to folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, fairy tales, folk plays, folk arts, folk religion, mythology, etc.
- March: Women in Folklore, continuation of 2020 theme.
1 February 2021 00:01 UTC – 31 March 2021 11:59 UTC
- The expanded or new article should have a minimum 3000 bytes.
- The article should not be machine translated.
- The article should be expanded or created between 1 February and 31 March.
- The article should be within theme feminism and folklore.
- There should be no copyright violations and notability issues and the article should have proper references as per Wikipedia policies.
- It is preferred for the local coordinator to set up the Wikipedia campaign on Fountain tool. You may set the project on the dashboard as well.
- The results with the list of articles need to be listed on the results page of the mediawiki project if the local coordinator is not setting up the fountain tool.
- In case of any assistance for setting up the fountain tool, please contact (Benipal hardarshan).