Foundation wiki feedback/Archive/2018
- 1 Regarding Contact us
- 3 Regarding Accueil
- 4 donations
- 5 Regarding Stories
- 6 wikimediafoundation.org
- 7 Простота пожертвований
- 8 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 9 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org (Resolution:Licensing policy)
- 10 Regarding Tax Deductibility/fr
- 11 Regarding Talk:Tax Deductibility/fr
- 12 Thank_You subpages on wikimediafoundation.org…
- 13 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 14 Regarding Talk:El libro inexistente
- 15 Regarding wmf:Wikimedia official marks/Word mark creation#Preparing files for upload
- 16 website error
- 17 Redirect foundation:Friendly Space Policy to foundation:Friendly space policy
- 18 wikimediafoundation.org
- 19 ハラスメント等に関する委員会
- 20 How are benefactors chosen?
- 21 Regarding MediaWiki:Permissionserrors
- 22 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 24 Regarding Values
- 25 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 26 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 27 Regarding File talk:LinLibertineO 473.zip
- 28 on your page about cumulets fancy pigeon breeds, the picture you have of a bird depicting the breed is not a cumulet,
- 29 Regarding Visual identity guidelines
- 30 Regarding File talk:Wikipedia puzzle globe 3D render.zip
- 31 Regarding Talk:FAQ/de
- 32 Regarding Category talk:Problems donating
- 33 Now there is no need for Wikipedia to ever ask for donations again
- 34 wikimediafoundation.org
- 35 Regarding Visual identity guidelines
- 36 Regarding Benefactors
- 37 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 38 Regarding Talk:ウィキメディア財団について
- 39 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 40 Regarding Talk:Problems donating
- 41 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 42 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 43 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 44 Account
- 45 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 46 Map of India - shown incorrectly
- 47 Regarding Home
- 48 Regarding Cookie statement
- 49 wmf.com
- 50 Regarding Special:CreateAccount
- 51 Regarding Friendly space policy/es
- 52 Myanmar language
- 53 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 54 Regarding Contact us
- 55 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 56 Regarding Home revising the timeline of The Disability Rights Movement published on WIKIPEDIA
- 57 Regarding Contact us
- 58 Contacting wikimediafoundation.org...
- 59 Regarding Special:CreateAccount
- 60 Regarding Talk:Wikimedia visual identity guidelines
- 61 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 63 WMF goes Tel Aviv? BDS!
- 64 Regarding Ways to Give/nl
- 65 Going Tel Aviv, not getting BDS?
Regarding Contact us
I was reading your article on Oetzi, the Iceman, and think that his dates in the side column are backwards. He should be listed as born ca. 3345 BC and as having died ca. 3300 BC. Please disregard if I am mistaken.
You are asking, in BIG letters, to make a donation to your project.
James, Thank you for including me in your solicitations for donations. I am unemployed and unable to donate money. However, I would be happy to volunteer some of my time to helping you keep up the good work. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:48, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
Не хочу делиться персональной информацией, но хочу сделать пожертвование. Простой адрес биткоина есть? Платёжной карты? Здесь нужно регистрироваться https://www.coinbase.com/checkouts/81b41f8984dd5544ad4246a1dd0be0a9. Зачем? Вывесьте адрес + поле для коммента для отчёта (моего, типа на адрес сброшено тогда-то). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:04, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
I wish we can create an account on Wikimedia for the purpose of customizing the way WMF looks. Other than that, users cannot edit any namespace unless if their account is activated here. UpsandDowns1234 (🗨) 00:34, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
Regarding wikimediafoundation.org (Resolution:Licensing policy)
2) Please store archive copy of https://freedomdefined.org/Definition (along with multi language translations) and also link for reference some where; so if https://freedomdefined.org/Definition website becomes non-functional again, in any case one should be able to refer the text
Thanks and regards
Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 02:35, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Billinghurst. Any thoughts on point one? Restoring the original link seems reasonable to me. --MZMcBride (talk) 07:09, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Tax Deductibility/fr
Could you please add information for the main french speaking country, especially Switzerland and Belgium?
Regarding Talk:Tax Deductibility/fr
Hello, dears, Foundation cousins,
(Sorry for my rusty english). My pseudo is Kikuyu3, a WP Fr editor, a bit active till recently within the french chapter WM Fr.
Some suggestion to be introduced to this text intended to french speaking persons :
- the title should be changed to french "Déduction fiscale", as it is more likely to be seeked for than the english "Tax Deductibility/fr" ;
- section France should be added some sentence like "If you pay income revenue taxes in France, you may consider donating directly to the french chapter Wikimedia France (https://www.wikimedia.fr/). Under certain conditions, it gives you the right to be partly (66 % ) refunded ; please visit https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impôt sur le revenu (France)#Les réductions d'impôt on wikipdédia in french or the specific page on the website of the Ministère des Finances : https://www.economie.gouv.fr/cedef/reductions-impots-dons-aux-oeuvres."
- in french, it sounds like "Si vous êtes assujetti à l'impôt sur le revenu en France, vous pouvez envisager un don direct au chapitre français de la Fondation, l'association Wikimédia France, (https://www.wikimedia.fr/). Sous certaines conditions, il ouvre le droit à déduction de 66 % de son montant sur les sommes à acquitter. Plus d'informations sur Wikipếdia en français : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impôt sur le revenu (France)#Les réductions d'impôt ou sur la page spécifique du Ministère des Finances : https://www.economie.gouv.fr/cedef/reductions-impots-dons-aux-oeuvres."
- United Kingdom : there should be a specific section, titled "Royaume-Uni" as there are plenty of french speaking workers installed for a while elesewhere in this area. The present sentence about the Gift Aid is somehow hidden in the section other countries. Last : the wording of the end of the sentence should better be either "... s'appliquera pas aux dons alloués à la Wikimedia Foundation" or either "s'appliquera pas aux dons établis au bénéfice de la Wikimedia Foundation".
- Switzerland : as per https://www.wikimedia.ch/fr/faire-un-don/dduction-fiscale/ it seems the whole donation may be deducted.
- I have juste sent an email to the Belgium chapter so as they send you the specific page to inform your readers.
- in the section Autres pays, the Note importante should be separated (line feed).
In general, I think this text is not sincere, in which it does not inform completely the donator that he can benefit of tax deductions, giving his money to a chapter instead of the Foundation. Every year, some of them complain about this, telling how they feel it dishonest. We probably loose some of them the following year. Hope a solution will be found.
- @AntonierCH, Base, and Kikuyu3: Thank you all for the feedback. Just to let you know we are hoping to make some changes to the Tax Deductibility pages soon, and are checking with WMF Legal what can be included. Peter Coombe (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 16:45, 8 September 2017 (UTC)
Thank_You subpages on wikimediafoundation.org…
…are shamelessly outdated, like be-tarask, which has 2009 year templates on it. Are they translated-updated by volunteers or a certain staffer now? Thanks for reply --Ата (talk) 10:48, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Pcoombe (WMF), perhaps as the author of the template currently in use you have a clue how to address this. --Base (talk) 04:34, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
Bom dia. Vou me comunicar em português, pois assim é mais fácil para mim. No Brasil, as pessoas desconfiam muito do sistema de pagamento via internet. Para nós brasileiros é mais fácil o pagamento via boleto (um documento pagável via código de barras). Tentei contribuir com R$10,00, mas deu falhas. A opção via boleto ajudaria muito.
Regarding Talk:El libro inexistente
"El libro inexistente. Hasta llegar Ina a La puerta"es la primera parte de la novela de ciencia ficción y aventuras del escritor español Juan Carlos Santos Z. en su primera edición publicada por la editorial Ruiz de Aloza en 2015 en español con formato papel y epub y ebook en kindle. amazon. El corte inglés entre otros sitios web. llegando a estar disponible por internet en America. Asia. Europa y Oceanía para los amantes de la ciencia ficción las aventuras y el misterio.
En el libro Inexistente se cuenta las aventuras de la señorita Ina una maestra de inglés y español que realiza un viaje apasionante romantico y misterioso con sus compañeros amigos y alumnos hasta España que por misteriosos contratiempos terminan viviendo unas aventuras emocionantes e inolvidables. Este libro lo escribio Juan Carlos Santos para su efriend Ina de Polonia una maestra en el mundo real que padecia LAM una enfermedad pulmonar que por desgracia fallecio poco después de publicarse este libro por Internet sin conseguir su escritor su sueño de ayudarla haciendola famosa para que los mejores medicos se fijasen en su caso y encontrasen una solución para la Lam. decidiendo dedicar a causas beneficas los beneficios de dicho libro... "El Libro Inexistente. Primera parte"
The instructions about logo size seem to conflict with current practice. In particular, the WMF instructions call for a 135×155 (W×H) logo, whereas mw:Manual:FAQ#How do I change the logo? and Template:New wiki request — used in the approval process for new content language wikis — recommend 135×135 or 150×150. (See Template talk:New wiki request#Another problem: Project logo for some additional context.) - dcljr (talk) 22:47, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
- Heather, it is your department page according to its author and category it is in. Could you take a look at this piece of feedback? --Base (talk) 04:41, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
- It looks like I misunderstood "current practice". The instructions have been changed at mw:Manual:FAQ and at wmf:Wikimedia official marks/Word mark creation to try to clarify the situation. (Note that I had to ask a third party to look into this issue. The posts here and one to Heather's talk page resulted in no action or explanation whatsoever. FYI.) - dcljr (talk) 03:24, 21 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hi. I guess that you are referring to this article on Wikipedia in English. It's not part of the Wikimedia Foundations wiki, but it seems to be fixed now. -- Tegel (Talk) 15:36, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
今回ほ方法がWikimedia1財団ではよろしくないというかもしれない。 なたえいごでへんとうをせよというかもしれない。 さんざんそういｗれてきたことであるから。 君たちはわたしがきくみみをみおたないとうまえにまずこの病人がいい鵜戸身幾も幾度を書いてきたことがらを読み死して咀嚼しなければならない。 私はただの無名の目㎜バーではない。 最近の54年間はサイバーテロと戦ってきた内容をこと鼓膜しるしてきた技術者であるがいともたやすく削除してくれたおかげでその蓄えられたはぞの膨大な知識を無駄にしたのはだれであるのかを考えてみることも重要であろうと思う。 初心者が一度とまずくと「即座に即時削除」され以降はさしずめ子供いじめを彷彿するかのように、一部の管理人によってパワー0ハラスメントを植え続ける体質に少しでも一石を投じよう、実際勉強したよ。 現在はCreaitiveCommons Licence をほぼすべて取得同曽木氏から大学院へも進学して学位も取り、WIKI財団ほぼすべて網羅現在の権限を得た私はスタッフ～（無給）としてこれを書いています、貢献者にもなっれいるとから非常勤ながら有給の役員へ変わりことにしたのでここに ハラスメント対策室長を役員としておき、常勤には室長代行して副室長を置きたいを思いますので理事会の承諾を得てください。—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Liminoue (talk) 04:28, 26 August 2017 (UTC)--2400:412A:99BA:3300:C81A:9AAD:8B23:AFF7 04:25, 6 January 2018 (UTC)Liminoude(Sorry) Thank you!-->--2400:412A:99BA:3300:C81A:9AAD:8B23:AFF7 04:25, 6 January 2018 (UTC)Liminoude
先の室長はThe Room Chai 秘書 の一人は病院が近畿大学付属病院であることから日本勤務となりまあす 、代行は Seet 秘書 副室長はBorad 他Staff 室長は重役です
How are benefactors chosen?
I made a donation between $1,000 and $4,999 last year, but I didn't get mentioned on the list of sustaining benefactors. How do you choose which people and organizations get acknowledged? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:182:cf80:a6f2:2432:5919:c198:3f8b (talk) 03:35, 29 August 2017 (UTC)
Currently there are some inappropriate nude pictures that appear at the top on the first card when opening Wikipedia through the app and I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you were not already aware ok thanks and I hope you can fix this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:50, 31 August 2017 (UTC)
lawa is high temp. than why fish bone in active in rock its not right —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:18, 31 August 2017 (UTC)
- Not done, sorry the feedback you have left is unintelligible, so if English is not your native language, you may leave feedback in your native language even though it may take longer to get a reply you are more likely to get your point across. Zppix (talk) 19:19, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
i wish you had a 800 telephone number so that I could tell you that I only want to send you a cheque , payable in Canadian dollars to a Canadian address. I will never again send my credit card number over the computer . I do want to donate . —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:20, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
Regarding File talk:LinLibertineO 473.zip
Is this the correct font for the Wikipedia tagline? The "W" is not showing up as the stylized version mentioned here: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_official_marks/Word_mark_creation#The_type_face:_Linux_Libertine —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Berkelean (talk) 14:19, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
on your page about cumulets fancy pigeon breeds, the picture you have of a bird depicting the breed is not a cumulet,
I have bred and owned cumulets and my late father bred them for fifty years. the picture may be a cumulet cross but is not a pure cumulet as the pure cumulets have a pearl eye not a solid dark eye and the the shape of the beak of a cumulet is straight not curved. the picture is more representative of a tippler or self short faced tumbler.
Mr. R. Redpath. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2a00:23c1:a68c:6e00:9040:e857:654e:9cac (talk) 18:39, 23 October 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Visual identity guidelines
Consider hosting the improved version which is available at https://github.com/slashme/WikipediaGlobePrintable --Slashme (talk) 19:56, 3 November 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, the history shows it hasn't been heavily touched in years. SLien (WMF), you've edited the English version several times recently. What can our friend Braveheart do to help? Killiondude (talk) 23:59, 29 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Braveheart and Killiondude: We are working on a new way to keep translations on that site more up to date. However, it is still a few months off. Until then, if people have updated translations and accounts on this site, they can make the updates directly. Otherwise, you are welcome to ping us directly and we can help post the updated content if someone has it translated and ready. However, we are not actively seeking these updates until the new content and method is ready. --Gregory Varnum (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 20:50, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Category talk:Problems donating
I refuse to unnecessarily share my email address and home address - if you want my Visa contribution, let me do it without risking big trouble - T.J. Harrison —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:30, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Now there is no need for Wikipedia to ever ask for donations again
I have seen many appeals for donations over the years, and I think every Wikipedia user appreciates that you are trying to avoid being influenced by advertisers; with that in mind, why not just being upfront with the users and tell them you are going to begin financing with CoinHive?
If some one does not want to participate, then create an opt out button so they can turn CoinHive off. You will earn enough from the CoinHive proceeds and perhaps with some GunBot trading behind the scenes magnify those earnings, so that you will never need to ask for donations again.
Why not? Where is the undue influence going to come from? So... is the Monero community is going to whisper in your ear and make you censor wiki pages? I don't think so. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:46, 1 December 2017 (UTC
When an internet search gives a Wikipaedia link high in the results I will browse the relevant Wiki page.
Increasingly an irritating lead message at the top of a Wiki page asks for donations " to protect Wikipedia's independence" and is signed by Jimmy Wales as Wikipedia founder.
Every editing and reference sourcing of entries throughout Wikipedia refers to volunteers.
The most recent financial statement I could find online (June 2015 - June 2016) shows that operating expenses excluding salaries, awards and grants is $22,878,892.
Donations and other revenue streams are reported as $81,862,724.
Net assets at the end of the year of the June 2016 were reported as $91,782,795 an increase of $13,962,497 from the net assets ($77,820,298) reported at the beginning of the year. Not bad for a not for profit!
And yet it continues ... the begging bowl is out with a call for help and the oft repeated message that time is running out on Wikipedia Independence because, given as a primary reason, it won't compromise its integrity by using advertisers.
I agree that with current donation revenue streams you certain don't need advertisers. Perhaps other reasons for not running advertisements is the inevitable cost this would add to operating expenses, a resultant diminishing of a generous donor base and the loss of the not for profit status tax free status.
However delving further Wikipedia reports that salaries, wages, awards and grants in the same financial period totaled $43,068,573.
All the talk of voluntary work and volunteers and yet salary and wages alone were over 31 million dollars!
Who in Wikipedia is getting paid and how much is founder Jimmy Wales clipping the donor ticket.
Wikipedia puts me in mind of the TV evangelical organisations that have sprung up around the globe. Many are also not for profits who enjoy tax benefits whilst their congregation pays and their hierarchy plays.
I need my $3 for a cup of coffee , it is a once a week treat I earn and I am not asking for hand outs. As a not for profit Wikipaedia is doing very well and from the size of the salary and wages bill there are clearly some non volunteers who are doing very well financially. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:34, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Visual identity guidelines
It is this page updated? The date it 1 January 2016. Moreover the is no link to 2017 in the navigation bar at the end of the page? Thanks. Pierpaolo Padula (user:pierpao) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Pierpao (talk) 18:44, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Pierpao: Thank you for that observation. Our fiscal year ends on June 30th. Our list of benefactors for the previous fiscal year is prepared soon after fiscal year end. Our latest list of them is at wmf:Benefactors/2016-2017. — Jeff G. ツ 16:51, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
Hey this is about the donating. Where it says no ads. You realize that the pop ups and ads at the bottom of the screen count as ads right —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:901:8180:1126:b041:5e55:86f0:be4e (talk) 01:46, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for your observation. Accepting third-party ads could be seen as compromising our objectivity and non-profit status. One of the perks of registration is the ability to dismiss individual 'donate' messages permanently. — Jeff G. ツ 16:27, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
I am sorry I can't make a $3 donation. As I do wish I could. Right now I'm at/in a point of life where I've never asked and am not going to now. "When" I get back to work and am able to make a donation I promise u I will. And if I'm able to do it publicly in person I would and will. If this isn't the right spot to make an apology like this I do apologize in advance. Thank you for being understanding. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Lostinsomanyways (talk) 11:28, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Talk:Problems donating
- Thank you for your question. Accepting ads could be seen as compromising our objectivity and non-profit status. — Jeff G. ツ 16:13, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for your donation. One of the perks of registration is the ability to dismiss individual 'donate' messages permanently. — Jeff G. ツ 16:00, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for your suggestion, the development team is working on it. — Jeff G. ツ 15:46, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Cofrade2016: Since it appears you would prefer to give private feedback about the Foundation website, Wikimedia volunteers can be emailed at infowikimedia.org. — Jeff G. ツ 15:21, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
I notice that you don't have a "Share" option to share a pace on Wikipedia, and I think that could be useful. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2602:306:cec4:d850:64fd:8d41:5687:ee8d (talk) 07:41, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Map of India - shown incorrectly
Map of India has been shown incorrectly by highlighting some area with light color being described as claimed but not controlled by India.
This is wrong info. Please change it immediately.
The Wiki website uses military time at the bottom of every page. Military time does NOT use a colon, e.g., 2:52 PM is written in military time 1452, NOT 14:52 as it appears on every wiki page. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:55, 8 February 2018
- You don't think that it's written according to International Standard ISO 8601? -- Tegel (Talk) 20:01, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
- 12 hours clocks are predominantly used in countries that once were part of the former British Empire (the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Bangladesh etc.) and a few others. The rest of the world uses a 24 hour system, which is probably being used here aswell. I don't think its wrong perse in this case. --Wiki13 talk 20:07, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Cookie statement
I would want to suggest moving the last sentence in bold font face, currently located at the bottom of the page, to the top of the page by appending it to the language selection bar header instead. The sentence reads "Please note that in the event of any differences in meaning or interpretation between the original English version of this document and a translation, the original English version takes precedence." and I think it would fit better there . Regards Alfa80 (talk) 08:59, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Well, en:WMF Group is much, much older than the Wikimedia Foundation. So, it’s probably not domain squatting ;-) Regards --Schniggendiller (talk) 23:36, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
सुनील पासवान कै फौटौ भैै ज आम गा छी कै जि ला अर रि या कै रह नव ला था नापलासी पं चा त मि या पू र वा ट11 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2405:205:a10b:e9e8::17f5:a8b0 (talk) 18:08, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Friendly space policy/es
Hi! I wanted that you add the galician translation of that page, this is the text: https://gl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Primeiro_wikimarat%C3%B3n_do_D%C3%ADa_Internacional_da_Muller/Pol%C3%ADtica_de_espazo_amigable_para_os_eventos_da_Fundaci%C3%B3n_Wikimedia. Could you create the page Friendly space policy/gl. Bye, Elisardojm from Galician Wikipedia. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Elisardojm (talk) 01:46, 3 March 2018 (UTC)
May 6, 2016 - Stacy Ritter, a county commissioner, will replace Nicki Grossman as president of CEO of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. ... Broward's new tourism president will be County Commissioner Stacy Ritter. The former state legislator will promote Broward County to ... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2602:306:8bd6:9700:8539:d446:ff5a:edd2 (talk) 19:29, 5 March 2018
Regarding Contact us
On Adam Andersons page you INCORRECTLY have his 1st born son listed as Dale. Adams 1st born is WADE, your own citing of the instagram link even says it. It needs to be corrected, but it wont let me Edit it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2607:fb90:11de:9563:0:a:d770:d201 (talk) 19:03, 13 March 2018
The information about Actress Alia Bhatt is wrongly printed to be as British Actress but she is a known Indian Actress. I hope you make the changes asap. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2018 2405:204:20a:91e6:a766:8fad:2337:6df9 (talk) 17:30, 15 March
Regarding Home revising the timeline of The Disability Rights Movement published on WIKIPEDIA
To: Whom it may concern From: Mitchell J. Rappaport Subject: stepping forward to begin to revise existing history of: "The Disability Rights Movement" Date: March 18, 2018
I am writing this to you as I am still in the very beginning stages of stepping forward to introduce myself to the United States and the world as the American that co-conceived: "The Americans with Disabilities Act" together with U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark on January 2, 1968 when I was 16 years old. It was also I who chose Lex Frieden, the late Justin Dart, Jr. and Evan Kemp to help to lead the initiative publicly from a "shortlist" of 9, while I remained in the "deep background" and steered things silently. I will be working on revising your timeline and on the book that I am writing concurrently now, and I would like your permission to revise the history of: The Disability Rights Movement.
Please reply to me as soon as possible. You can reach me at: email@example.com. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Regarding Contact us
I think it would be nice to make the email address in the part that says "For questions related to donations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org" into email@example.com ([mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com]) so that clicking on it brings up the user's mail client.
Maybe even better, you could create a template so that all uses of that link could be changed easily. Though, perhaps that would have page performance implications.
Hola. mi nombre es Diego Damian y vistando la página de la categoria Pintores de Uruguay el siglo XX creo que hay que agregar una pagina sobre mi padre, el artista plástico Angel Damián (1922-1974) Puedo enviarles unos links que confirmar su existencia en la historia de la pintura uruguaya favor indicarme como hacer
saludos Diego firstname.lastname@example.org +598 94 44 05 12
384/5000 Hi. my name is Diego Damian and looking at the page of the 'category Painters of Uruguay the twentieth century' I think you have to add a page about my father, the artist Angel Damián (1922-1974) I can send you some links that confirm its existence in the history of Uruguayan painting please tell me how to do
oh jd selama ini, kamu selalu bohongi kakak, karna demi yg kamu anggap lebih baik, orang lain ya. oh bgitu ya tama —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:23, 6 April 2018
No donations for you due to your usage of CE and BCE Was going to donate until I see the usage of common ere and not BC AD Shame on you! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:49, 12 April 2018
Could you please improve the markup of this page, as it is in monospace type from "info @ wikimedia.org" onwards.
WMF goes Tel Aviv? BDS!
It looks like WMF goes to Tel Aviv (November 2018?). However, I oppose this strongly.
As must be known by WMF, a Tel Aviv site is not accessible by a Palestinian. Even worse: the gathering site probably has been build on a Palestinian village, whose occupants were 'chased away' and were never allowed to even visit their ancestory houses ever (en:Nakba). So why is WMF revisiting this place?
We are building an encyclopedia. For this, an unlimited access in any way or sense is required. Why does WMF support a Tel Aviv site gathering, that does not allow Palestinians? And why does WMF not support fee Palestinian editing?
If I would subscribe for this Tel Aviv thing, I must expect that the Israeli authorities will block me from entering Israel at the airport. Why does WMF engage in this at all? Why does WMF not guarantee entrance? Why does WMF at all give themselves over to Israeli border control (again): Israeli 'border control' is very invasive and intimidating. And also racist.
On top of this, the Palestinian community is strongly asking to not cooperate with Israeli instiutes that support the occupation. (aka: BDS). That is a good idea. -DePiep (talk) 23:02, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Ways to Give/nl
The title of the page reads Ways to Give/nl for the Dutch version. Why not translate the title as well. A good translation would be: Manieren om te doneren. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mbch331 (talk) 17:09, 22 April 2018
- Done to "Andere manieren om te geven". Peter Coombe (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 12:49, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
Going Tel Aviv, not getting BDS?
Wiki going Tel Aviv? Really? While Palestinians are killed and maimed, non-violent protestors, just for not being jewish? What is WMF thinking? Why does WMF not google BDS? -DePiep (talk) 22:16, 2 May 2018 (UTC)