According to , the fundraiser ran from November 4, 2008 to January 9, 2009. The WMF raised USD$4,711,041.38
A detailed report about the 2008-2009 fundraising campaign is in progress. We also appreciate help in producing useful analysis based on the publicly available fundraising data dumps.
Analysis in progress
- If you're working on any number crunching based on the publicly available data, you can indicate it here. :-)
- I'm interested in running some regression-based statistical analysis of the effects of the different sitenotices, but probably won't be able to do so until the start of April. If anyone else gets rolling sooner and wants to discuss, please let me know. Jeremy Tobacman 00:31, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- I uploaded the two data files to swivel.com. You can see them at http://www.swivel.com/data_sets/show/1017757 and http://www.swivel.com/data_sets/show/1017762 . Swivel.com can generate all sorts of summary statistics, pivot tables, graphs, and summary tables. Drttm 01:29, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- I've made some graphs - they are in the section below. Feel free to move them to a subpage if they are not appropriate here. I'm not sure how much time I'd have to do more (especially more statistical regression analysis), but I'd appreciate feedback. I wasn't that involved in the logistics of the fundraiser, so I may be a little ignorant of what all the details mean. Also, there were a significant number of entries without donation amounts - I threw those out for this analysis, assuming they were people who did not donate. Is this correct? Staeiou 01:43, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- My later graphs (in blue) assume that entries without donation amounts are from users who viewed a template but did not donate. If this is not correct, let me know. Staeiou 02:58, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
Errors in dataset
While working on an integrated set of graphs for analysis (as follow-up on earlier privately communicated graphs), I came accross the folling errors in the currency conversion:
ID DateTime USD Amount Currency Country PaymentType Ratio USD/Amount 54677 10-12-2008 1.300,00 1,00 EUR AT Dexia 1300 60901 16-12-2008 29.173,00 35,00 CHF CH EFT 833,514285714286 67272 23-12-2008 1.300,00 1,00 EUR BE Dexia 1300 75645 24-12-2008 4.550,00 3,00 EUR BE Dexia 1516,66666666667
Note:ID is the UID in my database. I use EU continental localization.
Apparently an interchange of dots and comma's during the conversion. I'm assuming the error is in the conversion to USD, i.e. I'll keep the values of amount and modify the USD value. Based on the general donation behaviour as I'm observing, that seems most logical to me. - RonaldB 18:45, 28 March 2009 (UTC)