Fundraising 2011/Fundraising Summit
The Fundraising Summit is a meeting for Wikimedia Chapters to discuss the upcoming Wikimedia Fundraiser.
Date and Time
- Arrival: Thursday evening, June 16th
- 1st day: Friday, June 17th
- 2nd day: Saturday, June 18th
- 3rd day: Sunday morning, June 19th
- Departure: Sunday after lunch, June 19th
- Venue: Arbeiterkammer Wien, Theresianumgasse 16-18, 1040 Wien
Arrival and Departure
Please book your flights to Vienna (IATA: VIE) to arrive on June 16th and to depart on June 19th after lunch. There is a shuttle train service (City Airport Train - CAT) which runs every 10 minutes between Vienna city centre and Vienna airport. The ride takes 16 minutes
You might want to check flights to Bratislava (IATA: BTS) in Slovakia because they might be much cheaper than to Vienna. There are several bus links between Bratislava airport and Vienna, the ride takes 2 hours and costs less than 10 EUR (one way).
Transportation within Vienna
Vienna has a subway (U-Bahn), commuter train (Schnellbahn) and bus network within the city and into the region.
Wikimedia Austria is providing special public transport tickets - so called "Congress Tickets" issued by Wiener Linien, the local public transport company. These tickets are valid while your whole stay in Vienna. They additionally include rides with the City Airport Train which normally requires an extra ticket.
The tickets will be provide in the next days via e-mail (PDF file). You need to print them and bring them with you, so you can directly board the CAT after arriving at Vienna airport and move freely inside the city all days.
Remember to print the ticket before you leave!
Wikimedia Austria has booked all hotel rooms as per your registration until June 5th. Please pay your accommodation cost either directly at the hotel or to Wikimedia Austria.
Austria Trend Hotel Beim Theresianum Favoritenstraße 52 A-1040 Wien
- single room 96 EUR per night
- double room 126 EUR per night
- including breakfast
- breakfast is included in the hotel accommodation
- lunch will be provided by Wikimedia Austria at the venue
- dinner can be handled individually, Wikimedia Austria has planned a light evening program on Friday and Saturday which includes going to location where we can have dinner
This is the official list of participants, this list will be handed to the Hotel for reservation. Please make sure that your data is accurate.
Remember to register until June 5th - Registration includes hotel booking, public transport ticket, airport transfer and catering
|Megan Hernandez||Meganhernandez||WMF||Thu 12:00||Mon 14:00||Done|
|Arthur Richards||Awjrichards||WMF||Thu 18:00||Mon 07:50||Done|
|Pats Pena||ppena||WMF||Thu 09:30||Mon 07:00||AUA112 / AUA121||Done|
|Beppo Stuhl||Regiomontanus||WMAT||lives in Vienna||Done|
|Manuel Schneider||80686||WMAT/WMCH||Thu 12:15||Sun 17:45||OS472 / OS473||Done|
|Adam Jenkins||Bilby||WMAU||Wed 21:20||EK125 /||Done|
|Till Mletzko||Till Mletzko (WMDE)||WMDE||Thu 16:30||Mon 17:50||Done|
|Tobias Schumann||WMDE||Thu 16:30||Sun 20:00||Done|
|Schiste||WMFR||Thu TBA||Sun TBA||Done|
|Bence Damokos||Bdamokos||WMHU||Fri 10:00||Sun 19:00|| arrive at Praterstern/Lassallestr
|Tisza Gergő||Tgr||WMHU||Fri 10:00||Sun 19:00||Done|
|Paul Becherer||WMNL||Fri 08:40||Sun 19:55||Done|
|Siebrand Mazeland||WMNL||Fri 08:40||Sun 19:55||Done|
|Richard Knipel||Pharos||WMNYC||Thu 11:50||IB3576 / IB3577||Done|
|Waldir Pimenta||Waldir||WMPT||Thu 23:10||IB8476 / IB3577||Done|
|Anna Bauer||WMSE||Thu tba.||Sun tba.||Done|
|Holger Motzkau||Prolineserver||WMSE||Thu 12:10||Sun 20:05||OS 312/OS 317||Done|
|Roger Bamkin||WMUK||Thu TBA||Sun TBA||Done|
|Chris Keating||WMUK||Thu 16:30||Sun 17:40||LH2330 / LX3565||Done|
Travel costs and accommodation costs have to be paid by each chapter. Wikimedia Österreich is taking care of the meeting room and catering during the meeting.
We are looking forward in gathering some money in order to help funding chapters which can otherwise not afford to participate. Please contact Wikimedia Österreich if your chapter is willing to provide funding.
|Thursday, June 16th|
|arrival in Vienna, check-in at the hotel|
|Friday, June 17th|
|9:00||welcome session - defining further program - introduction round - sharing experiences|
|18:00||end of 1st day|
|18:30||city tour (leaving from the hotel)|
|19:30||dinner (after the tour, somewhere in the city)|
|Saturday, June 18th|
|9:00||Fundraising outside the Fundraiser (Till's presentation)|
|11:00||Testing (Megan's presentation)|
|18:00||end of 2nd day|
|19:00||meeting with the Wikipedian Meet-Up at 9er Bräu|
|Sunday, June 19th|
|11:00||wrap-up, closing session|
|13:30||end of 3rd day / summit|
- CiviCRM (announce CiviCRM interest and add possible CiviCRM-topics for the conference)
- presentation from Arthur (available here)
- presentation from Holger
- CiviCRM workshop for setting up chapters?
- Fundraising Agreement
- call in Mosuhira
- Piwik vs. OWA (Web Analytics)
- Best Practice Fundraiser
- e-mail: use in fundraising (incl. testing), stewardship and outreach
- payment methods
- fundraising outside Wikipedia (Wikimedia Deutschland presentation by Till - Presentation is available here
- Testing (process, practices, findings)
- presentation from Megan (available here)
- FR 2010 wrap-up
Notes (updated in realtime):
- E-Mail: vereinwikimedia.at
- Contact Person: Manuel Schneider
Links and References
- ↑ Poll on possible dates: http://www.doodle.com/syqcrfvirsc7emdf
- ↑ Poll on duration: http://www.doodle.com/gtgb4nryabttghp3