GLAMTLV2018/Submissions/Bridge, not a gate: Keeping volunteers central to GLAM partnerships
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no. 10
- Title of the submission
- Bridge, not a gate: Keeping volunteers central to GLAM partnerships
- Author(s) of the submission
- Stuart Prior (WMUK)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia UK
- Type of session
- Lightning talk
- Length of session
- 5 minutes
- Ideal number of attendees
- It can be difficult to keep volunteers central to GLAM projects which can end up being overly-professionalised. I will talk about some of my successes and failures in this regard.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- The perspective of affiliate staff trying to match volunteers with organisations
- Some ideas for how to successfully do this
- Hopefully a sense that they are not alone in making these mistakes
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.