GLAMTLV2018/Submissions/Re-defining GLAM Program
- Submission no. 60
- Title of the submission
- Re-defining GLAM Program
- Author(s) of the submission
- Giselle Bordoy (WMAR)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Argentina
- Type of session
- Length of session
- Ideal number of attendees
Talking about GLAM to refer to the cultural programs in the Wikimedia movement is inclusive? Really, the cultural spaces of the world can be included in museums, galleries, archives and libraries or is knowledge and culture built in other cultural spaces? Does GLAM really represent the reality of Global South or should we break with the nomenclature in our contexts? During 2017, Wikimedia Argentina ask itself some of these questions and began to re-design the GLAM Program to a new one: Culture and Open Knowledge. The main reason: build a more open and suitable cultural program according to the needs and reality of our context. How? Identifying what culture means in each local context, reaching out new partnerships, organizing new cultural projects and build long term relationships. Results: New cultural partnerships outside GLAM institutions to design cultural projects adapted to our local context.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Identify new meanings of culture and new opportunities to carry out cultural programs.
- Design and organize cultural programs according to their local contexts.
- Build long term and win-win relationships with new cultural partners.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.