GLAMTLV2018/Submissions/The conquest of free culture in LATAM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no. 71
- Title of the submission
- The conquest of free culture in LATAM
- Author(s) of the submission
- Giselle Bordoy (WMAR)
- Mauricio Genta
- Iván Martinez
- E-mail address
comunicacionwikimedia.org.ar wirwikimedia.org.ar ivanwikimedia.mx
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Argentina
- Type of session
- Lighting talk.
- Length of session
- 5 minutes.
- Ideal number of attendees
- The world is all about facts and knowledge; but what happen when cultural institution doesn´t know about free access, copyright laws and Wikimedia projects?. What happened in Wikimedia Commons and the conquest of Wikidata? In this talk we are gonna to do an approach to the best strategies that Wikimedia Argentina and Wikimedia Mexico has with Latin America institutions and the differents bounds that this organizations generate in the last few years.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- A panorama of the culture in Latin America
- How we are releasing materials under free licenses in a context of very restrictive copyright laws.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.