- Submission no. 73
- Title of the submission
- The seven habits of highly effective uploads
- Author(s) of the submission
- Arne Wossink
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Nederland
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 30 min.
- Ideal number of attendees
- no preference
The seven habits of highly effective
Uploading GLAM collections to Wikimedia is just a small part of what an effective GLAM-Wiki cooperation is all about. But it is very often a starting point for other activities, and as such it is a very important part where it pays off to do it right the first time.
I will draw on 7 specific content donations by Dutch GLAMs to identify 7 shared characteristics of effective uploads. Not all of these content donations may have been successful from the perspective of the donating GLAM, or that of the Wikimedia movement. But all of them offer the opportunity to learn something about how we can improve our cooperation with GLAMs.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- They will learn about 7 interesting content donations by Dutch GLAMs, the 6th of which will blow your mind! ;)
- By sharing the characteristics of successful uploads, attendees will be better able to identify uploads that could be problematic. This is especially useful in a setting where time, resources and/or staff/volunteers are limited, and where tough decisions need to be made to prioritize content donations.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.