GLAMTLV2018/Submissions/Wiki Club in Museum of Macedonian struggle in the Republic of Macedonia: from idea to award
- Submission no. 81
- Title of the submission
- Wiki Club in Museum of Macedonian struggle in the Republic of Macedonia: from idea to award
- Country of origin
- Republic of Macedonia
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- GLAM Macedonia User Group
- Type of session
- Lightning Talk
- Length of session
- 3-5 minutes
- Ideal number of attendees
- 30 - 50
This talk is a case study reflecting how the GLAM Macedonia User Group established and runs Wiki Club. WikiClubs are regular educational groups that gather school-age students to contribute to Wikimedia Projects in partnership with GLAMs. The first institution which opened the doors for us was the Museum of Macedonian Struggle in Skopje. The Museum wanted to enrich the activities for the students they run according to their program. The talk is enriched with lessons learned, while we, as a Wikimedia Organization, teach underage students how to use computers for socially useful work and not just for playing.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Case study
- Idea for their own Wiki Club
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.