Grants:APG/Proposal form v6
- 1. In order to support community review, please provide a brief description of your organization's work in the upcoming funding period that can be used as a summary of your proposal. (This should be about 200 words, and should be easy for anyone to understand.)
- 2. Name, fiscal year, and funding period.
- Legal name of organization: 1
- Organization's fiscal year: 2
- 12-month funding period requested: 3
- Currency requested: 4
- Name of primary contact: 5
- 3. Amount requested.
Kindly use the currency exchange rates provided by the FDC staff. Also, please use the following numerical format: 1,222.04
|Total expenses for the upcoming year||1||2|
|APG funding requested for the upcoming year||3||4|
|Amount of funding received from WMF for the current year||5||6|
- 4. Please explain your organization's rationale if your revenues or total annual expenses will change significantly this year.
This section provides the FDC an overview of your organization's work with volunteers and online contributors.
- 1. Which Wikimedia community or communities does your organization work with most closely, and which online Wikimedia project or projects does your organization's work support?
- 2. How does your organization know what community members / contributors to online projects need or want? Does your organization conduct needs assessments? How else does your organization consult the contributors and volunteers most involved with its work?
Organization planning and reports
Please provide links to your organization’s planning documents and reports. All of these documents are required unless otherwise indicated.
Your organization's strategic planning documents, past reports, and current annual planning documents, are essential to our understanding of your organization's proposal. If you think you will have difficulty submitting any of these documents with your organization's proposal form by the proposal submission deadline, you should contact FDC staff right away. You may also provide notes to this table here, as well as links to any supplementary documents to this proposal form.
Completed fiscal year Current year Upcoming year Annual plan (including budget) 1 2 3 Community discussion around annual plan 4 5 6 Annual report (including financial report) 7 Not required. Not required. Strategic plan 8 9 10
Table 2 notes:
Financials: year-to-date progress
The purpose of this section is to give the FDC an idea of how your organization is receiving funds and spending funds against your current plan.
- Current funding period: This is the funding period currently progress on 31 March 2015, according to the upcoming funding period you defined in the overview section. This is a 12-month period. For organizations new to the APG process, this will be the 12 months before your upcoming funding period (e.g. 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015).
- Year-to-date funding period: This is the period between the start of your current funding period and 1 March 2015. This period may be less than 12 months, since its length will depend on when your current funding period begins.
- Projected revenues and expenses: This is the entire amount you plan to receive and spend by the time your current funding period ends. Your projected year is the same as your current year, which is a 12-month period.
Current funding period planned / budgeted Year-to-date funding period actuals Projected end of current funding period In currency requested In $US In currency requested In $US In currency requested In $US Revenues (from all sources) 1 2 3 4 5 6 Expenses 7 8 9 10 11 12
Table 3 notes:
Programs: upcoming year's annual plan
This section is about your organization's programs. Please do not include information about your organization's operating activities in this section. You are welcome to provide information about activities like administration, staff and board training, fundraising, governance, and internal IT in another section of this proposal form or in a supplementary document. Please answer all four questions for each program.
Staff and contractors: upcoming year's annual plan
- 1. Please describe your organization's staffing plan or strategy here, or provide a link to your organization's staffing plan or organogram.
- 2. List of staff by department or function.
- You can use this table (or substitute your own list) to show us the number of FTEs (fulltime equivalents) for each department or function, where one person working at 100% time would be counted as 1.0. We need this information about the total number of staff (FTEs) you will have hired by the end of the current funding period, and staff you will have hired by the end of the proposed funding period.
FTEs Department or function End of current funding period End of upcoming funding period Explanation of changes 1 2 3 4 Total (should equal the sum of the rows): 5 6 7
Table 4 notes or explanation of significant changes:
- 3. How much does your organization expect to spend on staff during the current funding period, or in the twelve month period before your proposed grant will start (e.g. 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015), in currency requested and US dollars?
- 4. How much does your organization expect to spend on staff during the proposed funding period (e.g. 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016), in currency requested and US dollars?
Financials: upcoming year's annual plan
Detailed budget: upcoming year's annual plan
- Please link to your organization's detailed budget showing planned revenues and expenses for the upcoming funding period (e.g. 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2016). This may be a document included on this Wiki (Meta) or as a publicly available spreadsheet.
Revenues: upcoming year's annual plan
This section is about your organization's anticipated revenues for the upcoming funding period you defined in the Overview section (e.g. 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016).
- 1. Does your organization plan to draw on its operating reserves during the upcoming funding period to support its expenses? If so, please provide the amount you intend to draw from your reserves here. This should not be included as revenue in the table below.
- 2. Please use this table to list your organization's anticipated revenues (income, or the amount your organization is bringing in) by revenue source (where the revenue is coming from) in the upcoming funding period (e.g. 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2016). Use the status column to show if this funding is already guaranteed, if you are in the process of requesting funding, or if you are planning to request funding at a later time. Please feel free to include in-kind donations and resources in this table, as applicable, but use the status column to show that they are in-kind resources.
Anticipated revenues for the upcoming funding period Revenue source Currency requested US dollars Status (e.g. guaranteed, application)
1 2 3 4 Total revenues (should equal the sum of the rows): 6 7 -
Table 5 notes: If your organization has significant funding other than FDC funds, please note how those funds will be used.
Operating reserves: upcoming year's annual plan
Please use this section to report information about your organization's current and planned operating reserves.
- 1.How much does or will your organization have in operating reserves on each of these dates?
Total amount of operating reserves. Currency requested US dollars 1 March 2015 1 2 End of the current funding period (e.g. 30 June 2015). 3 4 End of the upcoming funding period (e.g. 30 June 2016). 5 6
- 2. Does your organization have a reserves policy in place, or a strategy about maintaining, reducing or adding to your reserves? Please share your organization's thinking about reserves here in one or two sentences, or by sharing a link to your organization's more detailed policy.
- 3. If your organization plans to use FDC funding to increase its reserves in the upcoming funding period, please list the amount of FDC funding your organization will use to build its reserves here (in the currency requested and in US dollars). Please note that there is a policy that places some restrictions on how much FDC funding your organization can use to build its reserves.
Expenses: upcoming year's annual plan
- 1. Expenses by program (excludes staff and operations).
- Program expenses are the costs associated specifically with your organization's programs. These costs do not include operating expenses or staff salaries, which will be described in separate tables. For example, program expenses may be the costs of an event, the costs of outreach materials specific to a program, budgets for microgrants and reimbursements, or technical costs associated with specific programs. The programs listed in this table should correspond to the programs you have listed in the programs section of this proposal form.
Program / initiative In currency requested In $US 1 2 3 Total program expenses (should equal the sum of the rows) 4 5
Table 7 notes: If your organization has significant funding other than FDC funds for specific programs, please make a note of that here.
- 2. Total expenses. Please use this table to summarize your organization's total expenses overall.
- These are divided into three expenses categories: (1) staff expenses from Table 4 (including staff expenses for both staff working on programs and operations), (2) expenses for programs from Table 7 (does not include staff expenses or operations expenses), and (3) expenses for operations (does not include staff expenses or program expenses). Be sure to check the totals in this table to make sure they are consistent with the totals in the other tables you have submitted with this form. For example, your total program expenses excluding staff will be equal to the total in Table 7, while your total staff expenses will be equal to the total in Table 4 and your total expenses will be equal to the total in Table 1.
Expense type In currency requested In $US Program expenses (total from Table 7, excludes staff) 1 2 Operations (excludes staff and programs) 3 4 Upcoming staff total expenses (from Table 4) 5 6 Amount to be added to operating reserves (if applicable) Total expenses (should equal the sum of the rows) 10 11
Table 8 notes:
Verification that this proposal requests no funds from the Wikimedia Foundation for political or legislative activities
Please enter "yes" or "no" for the verification below.
- The term “political or legislative activities” includes any activities relating to political campaigns or candidates (including the contribution of funds and the publication of position statements relating to political campaigns or candidates); voter registration activities; meetings with or submissions and petitions to government executives, ministers, officers or agencies on political or policy issues; and any other activities seeking government intervention or policy implementation (like “lobbying”), whether directed toward the government or the community or public at large. Grants for such activities (when permitted under U.S. law and IRS regulations) should be sought from the [[Special:MyLanguage/<tvar|link>Grants:PEG</>]].
I verify that this proposal requests no funds from the Wikimedia Foundation for political or legislative activities
Once this proposal is complete, please sign below with the usual four tildes.
Please do not make any changes to this proposal form after the proposal submission deadline for this round. If a change that is essential to an understanding of your organization's proposal is needed, please request the change on the discussion page of this form so it may be reviewed by FDC staff. Once submitted, complete and valid proposal forms submitted on time by eligible organizations will be considered unless an organization withdraws its application in writing.