Grants:IEG/Wikipedia Maghrebi Medical Competition
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
We are trying to solve the problem of the lack of precision in the works related to Medical Sciences and different illnesses in the French Wikipedia as quite all the works related to Medicine there are stubs.
What is your solution?
Launching a competition in the conference of Maghrebi Medical Residents and Ph.D. Students that would be held in Tunisia in March 2016. The participants to this conference are about 100 people. So, we will not have any problem in finding the candidates for Wikipedia Medical Maghreb Competition for 2016.
Ameliorating the status of Medicine in French Wikipedia by creating and ameliorating 50 works.
- Publishing the regulations in the journal of the conference: 1st day
- Registering Candidates and their chosen subjects: 1st day and 2nd day
- The competition: 3rd day and 4th day
- The assessment: 5th day
- Printing the regulations and the final ranking: 200 USD
- First Prize: 150 USD
- Second Prize: 75 USD
- Third Prize: 75 USD
- Total Budget: 500 USD
- Candidates will create accounts
- Candidates will write works
I expect that these users will keep working in Wikipedia.
Measures of success
- Creation of 50 accounts
- Creation of 50 Start works or more
- Houcemeddine Turki, Organizer and Member of the assessment committee of the competition
- Ahmed Ben Abdelaziz, Professor of Public Health, University of Sousse, Sousse, Tunisia and Member of the assessment committee of the competition
- Rayhana Kheireddine, Organizer
- Salma Fourati, Organizer
- Balkis Ounaies, Organizer
- Mona Safer, Organizer
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
Do you think this project should be selected for an Individual Engagement Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. (Other constructive feedback is welcome on the talk page of this proposal).
- Community member: add your name and rationale here.