Grants:IdeaLab/1RR minimal delay
Jump to navigation Jump to search
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
What is your solution?
- 1RR delay: 10 minutes before canceling a first revert.
- 2RR delay: 1 hour before canceling a second revert on the same page.
- 3RR delay: 24 hours before canceling a third revert.
The three-revert rule is implemented by design. See also exemptions.
IP address and mobile users must confirm revert and save.
Reduce edit war.
- Prevent affective behaviour and force to think twice. LewaLoa (talk) 09:12, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- 1RR minimal delay is an amazingly simple idea, and amazingly difficult to implement. What is a post, and what is a revert. Does they happen on the same page? Assume that one editor adds a statement about some subject, then another revert that statement. Then the first editor adds a nearly similar statement on another page. Is that a violation of the 1RR? What if a third editor post a nearly similar statement, is that a violation? How can we detect the second and third post as an violation?
It is possible to detect this but it is a lot harder than you might think. Se Grants:IdeaLab/Similarity measure for AbuseFilter for a description. — Jeblad 09:29, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.