Grants:IdeaLab/A place where the community can discuss administrator and arbitrator actions
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
There is no official place editors can go to bring questions and concerns about what administrators and arbitrators did or did not do. Wikipedia needs a place where the whole community can weigh in and have admins and arbitrators participate in the discussion. Some, but not all, arbitrators are sometimes available on external criticism sites, but such sites have no privacy standards and are often worse than Wikipedia for doxing, discrimination, and harassment.
What is your solution?
An off-site wiki where users can interact with admins and arbs, similar to Metafilter's MetaTalk  either with their WP user names or with an anonymous identity. Having moderators that can be contacted can build community trust. This would also give WP a tool to find out about and respond to problems. 
About the idea creator
- Volunteer Ui 126.96.36.199 19:27, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer Concording with the idea of a dedicated and respectfully place to discuss about administrator attitude, project orientation, respect of Wikimedia basic recommandations ; out of the local context. Youni Verciti (talk) 14:44, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
- Great idea. In some (minor; not always) projects are group of administrators with some certain opinion/program and opposers use be ejected (by bans, indef bans, deleting their posts without consensus and similar actions). In such projects there is no possibility to normally oppose, even try applicate some rules of policy. So anywhere (by my opinion on Meta.wiki) should be place to evaluate those missunderstandings without possible persecution from admins. Kusurija (talk) 10:22, 27 June 2016 (UTC)
- @Neotarf how about a Whistleblowing policy? I think is a better way to discuss administrator and arbitrator actions than a off-site wiki. --Luca Polpettini (talk) 07:01, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
- Grants:IdeaLab/Area for topic banned editors to talk freely about their ban, e.g. to ask questions of experienced wikipedians
- Grants:IdeaLab/Impacts on lives of the banned