What is the problem you're trying to solve?
This will help to attract women and spread the word of Wikipedia and attract contributors and editors to your wiki.
What is your solution?
Create a campaign where women bloggers and social media influencers could submit to be part of a Wikipedia campaign. For a period of 21 to 30 days they could create blog content, and post to various social media sites to raise awareness and ask for women contributors and editors for Wikipedia.
- Community organizer I just submitted a grant related to this idea. Not sure if this is the correct role to choose or not, but I want to do this! Kathysipple (talk) 06:31, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Volunteer We can use Facebook and Twitter to encourage women to join as editors of Wikipedia. Like sharing a simple post asking our women friends to register in Wikipedia and start editing. Vatsan34 (talk) 10:23, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- This fits really well into what I already do. I'm a social media influencer and I do online training and empowerment on social media topics. This would be a topic I'd like to cover in a webinar series via my project. Kathysipple (talk) 06:04, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds likely to attract the editors we're looking for. Its success depends on how we'd implement this and on what scale. Langus-TxT (talk) 17:18, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Social media is obviously the place which attract lots of women and girls, therefore bringing simple and attractive advertisements to social medias by wikipedia can be the solution to capture their attention. Each of these advertisements should include the encouragement to create a specific topic which is easy to create and mostly feminine in its nature or can be generally about sharing favorites. Wikipedia's ads must make creating an article appeal like sharing an interesting thing on Facebook or etc to women and girls and there should be a camping that how Wikipedia itself is kind of a social media and girls and women can form groups and find new friends and help each other to improve in it and how it even will help with their knowledge and education.
- For example: Share with world your favorites ! or Share your favorite (e.g.music band, food, book, animal etc) with the world ! and then advertisement will take them to sign up page and then a quick and easy instruction page and then creating the article. But Sharing or favorites are strong words which should really be used in these ads. Ariaveeg (talk) 16:28, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- For a modern, collaborative website we underutilize the power of social media. This is worth experimenting with... Ocaasi (talk) 00:25, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- I don't think this would require compensation. Many female bloggers and social media leaders would be glad to share this message if asked. Bcharles (talk) 15:46, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
- Good idea. Lightbreather (talk) 21:02, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?