Grants:IdeaLab/Pay schools or students to write wikipedia articles in low-income regions of the world
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Use Wikimedia Foundation money to pay or donate to low-income students or teachers in exchange of writing Wikipedia articles around the world. This will expand Wikipedia usage and increase article count in other languages.
What is your solution?
Wikipedia in other languages has a lower count of articles than in English.
Use Wikimedia Foundation money to:
- Increase Wikipedia articles
- Increase Wikipedia in other languages
- Benefit low-income people (students, teachers, schools and people in general)
- Expand Wikipedia users worldwide
- These articles in native languages will further expand knowledge to other low-income people for free.
- The more users the more likelyhood these users will make future donations.
- Volunteer I support this project. I want to volunteer. What do I need to do? Shafkatsharif (talk) 10:58, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer Lo que haga falta para ayudar Pp96 (talk) 20:37, 28 March 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer Supporting with ideas,in addition to support the creator. AlisonDoblas (talk) 23:44, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- That's a great idea to improve reach! The RedBurn (talk) 14:59, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- I like the idea but the small problem is that we don't want to encourage paid editing. Crouch, Swale (talk) 22:15, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- Good idea, useful in minority languages and low article per km2 areas. However we know that experienced editors love to cut and paste so online overseeing would be a good idea. Don't pay for the articles .... but give a substantial prize for 10 articles ticked by an external person as OK (ie not perfect) Victuallers (talk) 16:55, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- This could be easily reviewed by teachers and would quickly improve access to information in those regions. Houdinipeter (talk) 23:22, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- It is a good idea but I don't see any solutions to any challenges that may be encountered(because there would always be challenges). Maihe101 (talk) 12:09, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?