Grants:IdeaLab/References from Gender/Queer Studies
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Debates on article quality should be based on what is known about a topic in relevant research - which in many fields includes results from Gender/Queer Studies.
However, references from the fields of Gender/Queer Studies are often denied a relevance, and editors using them for article improvements are being discouraged - in the name of NPOV.
What is your solution?
- look into highly debated articles from, e.g., the fields of
- media culture
- plus high-profile biographies linked to these topics
and see how the Gender/Queer Studies references (and their positive editors) were being dealt with
- from this dataset choose articles in which the relevance of Gender/Queer Studies references was argued successfully and extrapolate from there what strategies should be included in a
- toolkit designed to reach a higher inclusion rate of relevant Gender/Queer Studies references
- Make better knowledge available in Wikipedia articles that forms a useful basis for overcoming gender gaps.
- Researcher Find out which Gender/Queer Studies references could be deemed essential, experiment on putting them in where needed or suitable, analyse any reactions, then devise a toolkit for mutual support C.Koltzenburg (talk) 22:10, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
- We have had a "salon" last week where we talking about this theme:
- references from the fields of Gender/Queer Studies are often denied a relevance, and editors using them for article improvements are being discouraged - in the name of NPOV.
- I find discussions like this not couraged but it´s often needs much time. This time I would like to use for work in articles an not work in discussions. -- FCT Berlin • =>?! • 18:32, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?