Grants:IdeaLab/Review the current IdeaLab application procedure design
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
The competitiveness underlying the current Idealab design is likely to discourage women from turning their ideas into actionable proposals. This may be due to Wikimedia's current proposal procedures being perceived as following a rationale that is dominated by male-driven competitiveness.
What is your solution?
- follow up perceptively on any criticism by women voiced in the course of the current Inspire campaign, on any Wikimedia page and off the web
- organize grassroots meetings specifically designed to create new ideas for application processes
- get into touch with women's organizations all over the world to learn from them how they help turn new ideas from the community into new activities
- run an open pad on this topic, for women, all languages welcome
Reach a gender balance in Wikimedia proposals on all levels and topics so funding is distributed more equally to all genders
- Project manager I want this project to turn out fine, so someone has to take the lead, I guess. C.Koltzenburg (talk) 22:02, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
- I think it´s a solution for this project idea, isn´t it?? -- FCT Berlin • =>?! • 18:38, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?