Grants:IdeaLab/Wiki Knowledge Menu
What language Wikipedia projects will you promote to new readers?
- Local Indic languages
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Only 33% of internet users in India have heard of Wikipedia, and I want to increase new readers. Please check Inspire Campaign
What is your solution?
Waiting at food plaza can be turn-out to a knowledge access time.We can put this additional Wiki Knowledge Menu (WKM) with the main menu so that they can correlate the food/hotel/other stuff with the relevant articles on Wikipedia in their own language.
Describe your idea to engage new readers. How might it be implemented? What will you tell people about Wikipedia?
- Restaurants are more than food on plates, it's the place where we enjoy and celebrate and also its a place for congregation and communication
- Singles have time to spent on after placing order
- Groups can do interactive chats talk about this Wiki Knowledge Menu in terms of their knowledge about the subjects, food, place, utensils etc.
- the restaurant having high numbers of travellers can know more about the city or its related things
- QR coded Wiki Knowledge Menu will encourage them to access the articles in quick and easy way
Please check Inspire Campaign
The success can be measured by tracking the article views before and after the project.
Do you think you can implement this idea? What support do you need?
This project may require innovative design /graphics for menu.A graphics designing contest for this attractive menu card can also be conducted. Apart from local restaurant, chain of hotels ,Government run hotels may prove to be a boost for the idea.
- As an adviser, and volunteer. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 16:36, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
- Good idea to raise interest in public about Wikipedia. Nitin1485 (talk) 15:41, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
- Good initiative by a experienced member.--Godric ki Kothri (talk) 07:18, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Best of Luck, It is needed Indeed. Jayprakash >>> Talk 10:48, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- Simple but good idea Innocentbunny (talk) 09:03, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Good idea NehalDaveND (talk) 15:07, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Interesting. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 16:36, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Looks good.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 13:48, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer By helping in content creation Nitin1485 (talk) 04:13, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Developer I am ready to contribute in any development-related stuff and can also play a part of community organizer. Wassan.anmol (talk) 20:11, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer Can help ideate further and also with research if needed. Just wanted to suggest that adding WKM to take-away and delivery menus with items for delivery might also help spread the knowledge. 126.96.36.199 13:34, 25 June 2018 (UTC)