Grants:IdeaLab/Wikimedia Documentation Directory v2
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Documentation on Wikimedia is sometimes very hard to find, the same issues as outlined in the project plan for V1 of the tool.
What is your solution?
A tool to automatically index relevant resources and allow curation by individuals, to build on the work of Hay's Documentation Directory but add the following functions
- Automatically scrape Wikipedia:NAMEOFRESOURCE and equalent from other Wikimedia sites.
- Import tools from Hay’s Tool directory
- Curated links from other sites
- Directory of Open organisations with shared goals
- Maintain user friendly form but do not require someone to manage the updates through Google sheets
- A recently added section
- Multiple languages
- Multiple sources if more than one organisation is involved
- Should run off a public database other people can edit and a public directory of open groups
- Some sort of rules about granularity may be helpful?
- Category structure for tags
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.