Grants:IdeaLab/Wikimedia Group for women
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
Lack of Organization of Feminine Representation in Wikimedia
What is your solution?
Creating a Wikimedia Group for Females so that they can share their experiences and elaborate their skills by working on feminine subjects. The website of the Wikimedia Group should be more adapted to Feminine Manners and Requirements in order to affiliate into important WikiProjects
- Designer Diseñando el grupo o las imágenes Jessikbarret (talk) 02:18, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- Advisor For subgroup on queer-feminist fiction and is authors, across languages; how to team up in order to challenge adversaries in a joint effort. C.Koltzenburg (talk) 12:11, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- Perhaps a Wikimedia user group? I like the idea, and it would be easy to construct. The only thing required is a critical mass of participants. --Another Believer (talk) 05:20, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Just a thought (maybe this is better on the talk page?): Maybe instead of explicitly limiting participation to women (I can foresee the word "discrimination" being used by some), the project's scope could highlight women's studies and strongly encourage female participation? --Another Believer (talk) 05:24, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- I think that you understood the point. If Wikimedia Projects brings some interest to Women's Studies, Women would consider contributing to it. However, such actions requires a group to organize it. Creating a Wikimedia User Group interested in this fact would help in that.--Csisc (talk) 11:13, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- I like the idea of organizing by topic, especially teaming up against adversaries and sharing strategies to resist bullying successfully *in topical contexts* seems a useful idea to me. I myself could imagine joining a group of editors interested in queer-feminist fiction and its authors, across language versions. --C.Koltzenburg (talk) 12:09, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- A usergroup, either for women or about women, might provide needed sustainable organization for ongoing projects. Ocaasi (talk) 00:39, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?