Grants:IdeaLab/Wikipedia Street Take Over/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Please report on your original project targets. A two-fold impact was envisaged:
- Trending Topics on Social Media Increased Social Media Engagement
- Encouraging people to join the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and Igbo Wikimedians User Group
35 Video Interviews conducted and published on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the metrics (Video Views) as shown below plus 1 Series Trailer:
- Facebook: 60,000+ views as at November 30, 2018
- Twitter: 21,500+ views as at November 30, 2018
- Instagram: 5,000+ views as at November 30, 2018
The videos were also uploaded on Commons and can be found when you visit here.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Trending Topics on Social Media Increased Social Media Engagement||Total Video view of about 86,500+ as at November 30, 2018||This was quite massive considering the fact that the major language of conversation was in Igbo language and non-speakers equally joined the conversation on social media.|
|Encouraging people to join the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and Igbo Wikimedians User Group||Majority of the talents that were interviewed were excited to join the Igbo Wikimedians User Group||The Igbo Wikimedians User Group has followed up on the subjects and their details obtained and included in the database|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
The choice of social media as a publication platform was cost effective and ensured a wide audience reach across boundaries
- What did not work so well?
Getting folks to agree to be interviewed was quite tough at first but with time, it became an easy ride
- What would you do differently next time?
Conduct the interviews in the South Eastern part of Nigeria were native Igbo language speakers reside mostly
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Video Equipment Hiring (Weekly at $50 for a total of 12 Weeks)
- Video Editing Service (Weekly at $50 for a total of 12 Weeks)
- Social Media Ad Campaign (Weekly at $25 for a total of 12 Weeks)
- Branded Merchandise (To be given to an estimated 50 interviewees at a unit cost of $6 each)
- Logistics and Miscellaneous (Internet Data, Local Transport etc.)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? 0 USD
Anything else you want to share about your project?
I will be glad to repeat the project in the South Eastern part of Nigeria were native Igbo language speakers reside mostly