What is the problem you're trying to solve?
We are trying to increase women contributor and contribution on Wikimedia.
What is your solution?
Currently there is more than 80% are Male. But We know that every Man is related to one or more women like mother, wife, sisters, friends and family members etc. So, Every man should inspire fellow women in their house or workplace.
1. First we should get some data from the surveys like What is the complications women are facing while contributing to wikimedia?, She is the only women in her circle contributing to wiki or any other friends are contributing?, If there is some other, what is there contribution style? etc.
2. Second data is from our current more contributing male members. Like Is there any women from his circle contributing to wiki?, What are the helps he did to her or got from her?, Did he saw any problems womens faced while they are contributing to wiki? etc.
3. From these data, we can find the reason for why the contribution of women is less. If Many problems they are facing is from there family or work place, We can give suggestions how they can try to eliminate them with help of the fellow friends. It will increase the contributions of current active wikimedia women editors.
4. To increase the new women editors, Every actively contributing Male editors should inspire at least one woman from their house and workplace. For example They can have a weekend edit get together with their family or friends.
5. This will surely increase contribution of women editors in Wikimedia and we can maintain a good Gender Diversity.
- I would skip gathering more data and jump to goal #4: every editor recruit and mentor a female (mom, sister, daughter, friend, coworker, partner) to start editing. This could be an annual march campaign. Bcharles (talk) 17:57, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Do you want to submit your idea for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation?