Grants:IdeaLab/facilitate some actions on Commons for wikiArS participants
To facilitate to wikiArs participants (students, teachers, wikimedian tutors) some actions in Commons like:
- Uploading images and fill the correct contents (categories, templates, ...) > for students
- Creating Commons Partnerships pages for every school, and associate categories > for teacher and/or wikimedian tutor
- Update School Commons Partnership pages > for teacher and/or wikimedian tutor
Notes from IdeaLab, 8 august 2013:
- We can combine the customization of UploadWizard using upload campaigns and a GuidedTour to guide students on uploading contributions and also in creating their user pages, and other useful actions.
- Translation could be a challenge. It's preferred not to need a Guide for every language.
- We can use mw:Extension:InputBox to have a button to create the Commons Partnership pages
- Then, how to create associate pages and categories? Another buttons? With a parserFunction conditional #ifexist?
- How to deal with different languages? Using Translate extension and including tags in the preload page? Or having a button for every language?
- We can use GuidedTour to guide wikimedian tutor to create school pages.
- What to use for updating these pages? A bot? (finally :-)
- More easy for newbies, less repetitive for tutors: to guide students in witch actions have them to do in Commons
- More easy for wikiArS promoters. Easy and quick ways to do usual tasks on Commons.
Welcome, brainstormers! Your feedback on this idea is welcome. Please click the "discussion" link at the top of the page to start the conversation and share your thoughts.