Subsídios:Aprendizado e avaliação/Sobre
The Learning & Evaluation Team (L&E) helps monitor the impact of the work being done across the movement, and guides other Community Engagement teams in executing effective grants through ongoing analysis, learning and evaluation support.
- 1 Quem somos
- 2 O que fazemos
- 3 Equipe de Aprendizagem e Avaliação
The Learning and Evaluation team provides programs, products, and coaching to Wikimedia communities in order to promote the use of evaluation for learning and to improve decision making that will better Wikimedia projects and communities. This includes:
- developing the capacity of internal and affiliate leaders in program evaluation, design, and learning in order to enable effective and efficient programs;
- facilitating the use and development of evaluation for creating shared frameworks, tools, and research;
- providing a hub of learning and evaluation resources for our affiliates, grantees, volunteer program leaders, and the broader Wikimedia community to connect to resources and experienced people to help them exchange learning to be successful; and
- executing and reflectively applying research and evaluation work to inform WMF’s overall community engagement strategy.
- Jaime Anstee
- Jaime began at the foundation late April 2013 with the development of the program evaluation and design initiative as the Program Evaluation Specialist tasked in developing program leader knowledge, evaluation resources, and overall capacity for evaluation and design of volunteer programs. Jaime has an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Social Psychology
- María Cruz
- Maria has a BA in Communications with an emphasis in journalism. She also took a year of Bachelor of Arts in Value Studies at European College of Liberal Arts. She started her professional path as a reporter in 2008. In 2011, she turned to the non-profit sector and started working in communication management. Before joining Wikimedia Foundation as community liaison for Learning and Evaluation, she worked as communications coordinator at the local chapter Wikimedia Argentina.
- Edward Galvez
- Edward has a BA in cell biology and an MA in public policy, focusing on international development and evaluation. He came to the Wikimedia Foundation from a strong background in volunteer management. He volunteered for several community-based organizations focusing on providing healthcare in under resourced communities, local and international. He work at the foundation to help build leaders in technology and free knowledge so they may enable the creation of accessible knowledge for everyone, but especially for the most marginalized.
- Dumisani Ndubane
- Dumisani has a Diploma in Electrical Engineering and extensive experience in System Analysis and data pattern recognition. He came to the Wikimedia Foundation from a strong background as a volunteer for the local chapter and convener of the African regional meeting. He works at the foundation to monitor, analyze, and share learning from affiliate and Program leaders.
- Dana McCurdy
- Dana has a BA in Race, Class and Gender Studies and a Master of Public Health in Behavioral Health Sciences. She has worked in the nonprofit sector as a program evaluator since 2007, supporting the measurement, learning and improvement of community health, prevention, and public education programs. Her specialties include evaluation training and capacity building, culturally responsive evaluation, data visualization, and strategic learning. Prior to working as an evaluator, Dana was a community health educator in public schools and universities. She supports Wikimedia program and community leaders to learn and apply evaluation practices and she works to synthesize and report on movement-wide outcomes.
O que fazemos
Infraestrutura de Aprendizado e Avaliação
- Guiding strategy and community engagement in sharing evaluation and program knowledge, through learning patterns, online, and offline workshops. To this end, we create announcements, maintain a Collaborations Calendar, create and distribute Quarterly Newsletters, social media, and blog series.
- Reaching out to the community leaders, and encourage them to use the resources available.
- Monitoring affiliate and program-based social media, reports, wiki pages, and blogs to learn about activities and opportunities for sharing learning.
- Wikimedia Resource Center. Supporting community capacity development and knowledge exchange including management and maintenance of entry point and the L&E portal (learning patterns library, the survey support desk, and other portal resources.
Troca de Aprendizados e Relatos de Casos
- Collecting data for knowledge sharing and storytelling.
- Key messaging and audience engagement through data visualization and infographics.
- Supporting development of knowledge exchange. Connecting people to information on how different programs are run, and what could work best in which contexts, and what program styles work best for which goals.
- Coordinating workshop design and content leadership of Learning Days pre-conferences and conference presentations and workshops for learning and evaluation.
- Planning and facilitating training and learning sessions for community listening and engagement strategies.
Ferramentas de Avaliação & Recursos
- Developing quantitative and qualitative evaluation instruments, metrics, and data approaches (including surveys).
- Collaborating with Program Officers, event coordinators, and grant committee members to review and assess grantee programs and evaluation plans.
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring evaluation strategy, plans, and processes.
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from different populations
- Providing internal design, development, and coordinate maintenance to support key program tools and dashboards to design and deliver programs.
Desenvolvimento de Lideranças
Desenvolvimento da Capacidade de Avaliação
- Facilitating community and program leader development opportunities for gaining skills in learning and evaluation.
- Capturing and understanding the qualitative and quantitative outcomes/impact of core programs and activities through their reports, and sharing insights back to movement communities.
- Providing evaluation design, survey design, and analysis consultation to Wikimedia program and project leaders inside and out of the foundation. Including Community Engagement Insights survey strategies beginning 2016.
- Supporting project evaluation consultations, online meetings and learning circles for evaluation data use and methods learning.
- Reviewing affiliate reports and monitoring compliance.
- Providing support for recognition and mentoring.
- Providing staff support to AffCom for meeting facilitation and support for application pipelines.
- Community listening support to understand their community structure, needs, challenges, strengths, creations, or collaborations.
- Supporting Internal Collaborations: Providing capacity development supports to other WMF Teams for learning and evaluation practices.
- Participating in task and workflow tracking and management for quarterly reporting; weekly team stand-up and manager check-ins, bi-monthly department meetings, and monthly cross team check in for program capacity and learning collaborations.
- Supporting foundation strategic planning & accountability through quarterly and annual planning and reporting of team efforts as well as participation in WMF overall strategic planning.
Equipe de Aprendizagem e Avaliação
|Quem devo procurar sobre...||L&E contact|
|Wikimedia Community Initiatives||Maria|
|Setting targets & impact analysis||Jaime, Dumi|
|Plano de avaliação||Jaime, Edward, Amanda|
|Evaluation tools & metrics||Dana, Edward, Dumi|
|Projeto de pesquisa e análise||Jaime, Edward, Dana|
|Programas da Wikimedia||Dana, Maria, Dumi|
|Organização de workshops||Jaime, Maria|
|Prospecção e análise de dados||Edward, Jaime, Amanda|
|Pesquisa Comunitária||Edward, Maria, Dumi|
|Comunicações, Relato de Casos||Maria|
|Processos de inovação/Design Thinking||Amanda|