- Legal name of chapter
- Grant contact name
- Marc Laporte
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Sponsorship committee of the organizing committee.
- Project lead name
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Recent Changes Camp 2011, Boston
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- March 11th, 2011
- Provisional completion date
- March 13th, 2011
The provisional budget for the event is $5000.
Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RecentChangesCamp
The event is free to participants to make it as accessible as possible.
WMF was a sponsor last year and your renewed support is most appreciated. http://2010.recentchangescamp.org/wiki/Sponsors
The purpose of RecentChangesCamp is:
- To provide space where wiki communities of various types can interact. These communities include commercial, non-profit, government run, educational, individual and fansite related wikis.
- To discuss concerns that the wider wiki community faces. These issues include:
Non-financial ways that WMF can help RecentChangesCamp 2011 Boston include:
- Helping set up a local notice on Wikipedia, where people are invited to the camp;
- Helping promote the event on WMF related mailing lists; and
- Encouraging staff members to attend RecentChangesCamp 2011.
- Hold a Wikipedia meeting like was done at the last RCC and thus, advance the Wikimedia Boston chapter.
This is a great way for the greater wiki communities to network, help foster cross wiki participation, and learn about best practices on various wikis that can be incorporated into other projects. Recent RecentChangesCamps have helped to inspire the wiki community to become more involved and hold additional wiki related networking events. Some of this is documented on the Canberra page, including taking what was learned at the main event to the local community, and inspiring the hosting of more wiki academies. Being involved as an organizer helps develop skills that may be useful to local chapters that are trying to stage their own wiki events or who may want to bid for a conference like WikiSym or WikiMania.
Measures of success
- Participants expressing happiness with the event being run during closing circle and online;
- The event should have at least 100 people attending it;
- Video, pictures and blog posts will be created documenting the event. These resources will be usable by the wider Wikimedia community, including projects like Wikiversity;
- Activating the Boston wiki community in such a way that they will additional wiki related events beyond what is already on their community calendar;
- Attendees hosting RecentChangesCamp Expanded in their local communities in order to share acquired knowledge and understanding; and
- Women will attend and are key organizers of the conference. An effort will be made to get more women to attend, helping increase participation in line with WMF's strategic mission to get women involved.