Grants:PEG/Pleclown/Youth Olympic Games 2016/Report
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
Activities and lessons learned
- Photographed 10 days of the YOG 2016, in Lillehammer
- Produced 657 images so far (represents 3 days of competition)
- What worked well?
- The wikimedia brand is recognized and known by other photographer. There is no competition and I was welcomed by everyone.
- i also add a very good interaction on the social medias (especially Instagram). At least one of the pictures has been used in a swiss newspaper.
- What didn't work?
- Nothing didn't work per se, but covering 10 days of events is very exhausting. And having around 30 000 photos to process is taking a long time.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- I think I would try to get more people on board, like another photographer, and someone dealing with the social media.
Outcomes and impact
- Provide the original project goal here.
- Produce quality content for Wikipedia and the sister projects, in the form of media files
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- I'm sure I achieved my project goal, even if I haven't finish to process all the files. At this time, it's 657 images on Commons, and it will be much more when the remaining photos are processed (around 20 000, with a 10% retention).
Progress towards targets and goals
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|150 pictures per event||at this time, a mean of 100 pictures, on 6 events||I've taken a lot (~30000) of pictures and it takes a lot of time to process those. Furthermore, I'm experiencing a rough time at work, that has forced me to reduce my time for Wikimedia. I still plan to provide pictures for all events I've been to.|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||3||me and people helping me categorizing pictures on Commons|
|2. # of new editors||0||This project was not about new editors|
|3. # of individuals involved||1|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||71||There are still plenty of pictures to come|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||657||For the moment|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||No idea||This project was not about creating articles|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||a lot (something like 6 570 000 bytes)||Those are mainly high quality pictures|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- No idea
Option A: How did you increase participation in one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
Option C: How did you increase the reach (readership) of one or more Wikimedia projects?
- by providing pictures, I've increased quality of articles on several wikipedias.
Reporting and documentation of expenditures
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||Travel||Travel from Geneva to Oslo||1 A/R||1||203.75||203.75||300||CHF|
|2||Accomodation in Lillehammer||Night||10||1,380||13,800 (1,700)||1,700||NOK (USD)|
|3||Accomodation in Oslo||Night||1||810||810 (100)||110||NOK (USD)|
|4||Meals||Meal||22||4500 (550)||550||NOK (USD)|
|5||Camera body||Camera body||1||500||500 (500)||1,500||CHF (USD)||We bought a used Canon 7D|
|6||Compact flash card||Compact flash card||1||63||63 (63)||75||CHF (USD)||On my own money|
|6||Compact flash card||Compact flash card||1||81||81 (81)||70||CHF (USD)||On my own money|
|7||Camera bag||Camera bag||1||160||160 (160)||150||CHF (USD)||On my own money|
|8||Double strap||Double strap||1||200||200 (200)||200||CHF (USD)||On my own money|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 4665 USD
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 2060 USD
- Total amount spent on this project
- 3557 USD
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 2060 USD
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Wikimedia CH 500 CHF microgrant
- Wikimedia CH 500 CHF camera
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT