Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Project & Event Grant (PEG) and Individual Engagement Grant (IEG) programs are no longer active. Please read about our current grant programs on Grants:Start.
- Review the eligibility requirements, proposal guidelines, and budget guidelines before submitting a request.
- Review the program resources for best practices in measuring success, tools, and how to manage projects and events.
- Contact the grantmaking staff to discuss project ideas or complex project plans early in the grants process (grants at wikimedia dot org). We are here to help!
- Grantees are required to fill out the grant submission form completely.
- Follow the instructions below for naming your request. Please note that recognized Wikimedia movement affiliates use the organization's official abbreviation when naming a new request.
Submit your grant request
Applications for Project & Event Grants are longer accepted. Please consider reviewing our newer Rapid Grant and Project Grant programs for your application. Thanks!
Example: Chapter or thematic organization
Wikimedia Example is a recognized chapter or thematic organization with abbreviation WM EX, and would like to submit a project entitled "Example project":
WM EX/Example project
Example: Not a chapter
The Free Knowledge Fund is a nonprofit organization that is not a recognized affiliate organization, and would like to submit a project entitled "Example project":
Free Knowledge Fund/Example project
- Be sure to Email grants at wikimedia dot org to complete your submission.
- Please review the submission review process carefully.
- Please note that most grants take 30 days to review and an additional 30-60 days to process. We recommend that you request your grant at least 60 days before your event or project will begin to allow time for grant review and processing.