Grants:PEG/UG TN/Quality images training
After organizing three events wiki loves in Tunisia on 2015 (wiki loves Monuments, wiki loves earth and wiki loves Afrcia ) it was found that we never reach our goal about quality photos because photographers do not know how to nominate their images and many pictures was nominated need a lot of work, and photos was uploaded only in this contests. In this context wikimedia Tunisia in collaboration with the Tunisian Association of photographers, will organize a training program about wikimedia commons and quality photos for 25 Tunisian photoraphes, this training will be organized in two Step:
- 1st step: method of nomination quality photos and the use of images in wikimedia projects
November 14, 2015 Done
and December 19, 2015
- 2nd step: Three days of practical training about Shooting pictures and technical treatment of photos, conduct by wikimedia commons user involved in the process of reviewing quality images.
The project will be organized in two steps
- 1st step: Two presentations about quality photos and how to upload photos to Commons how to use photos in wikipedia and other wikimedia projects
- Upload photos by users of Tunisian Association of photographers in wikimedia commons :November 14th, 2015
- Nomination of photos and Training about wikimedia commons tools (Nominate for deletion,CropTool, Graphic Lab/Photography workshop and other tools) :December 19, 2015
- A list of 25 best users will be fixed to attend next training from 50 users.
- 2nd step: Three days of practical training about :
- Quality images candidates and Featured pictures candidates guidelines
- nominations and Evaluating images How to review photos
- photos walk practical training
- Wikipedia workshop
- Shooting pictures and Technical requirements of photos
- Trainer: wikimedia commons user involved in the process of reviewing of quality images and have more then 500 Quality imaages in wikimedia commons (List of users by the number of Quality images uploaded) he will be invited from another country other than Tunisia, because There is no users in this list from Tunisia.
19,20 and 21 February 20168.9 and 10 April 2016
- Place: Training center in the nort west of Tunisia.
Wikimedia Commons and Wikipedia in Tunisia, and indirectly all projects using Wikimedia Commons media files.
Fit with strategy
What crucial thing will the project try to change or benefit in the Wikimedia movement? Please select the Wikimedia strategic priority(ies) that your project most directly aims to impact and explain how your project fits. Most projects fit all strategic priorities. However, we would like project managers to focus their efforts on impacting 1–2 strategic priorities. Examples of strategic priorities can be found here.
- Increasing reach
- Creating partnerships with the Tunisian Association of photographers to target potential contributors to Wikimedia Commons and off-line activities, increasing the quality of the content uploaded on commons.
- Increasing participation
- New users will be able to upload photos on commons every day and able to use the other wikimedia projects.
- Increasing reach
Measures of success
- Number of participating : 25
- Number of photos uploaded: at least 1,500
- Number of new users reviewing a nomination photos: at least 10
- Number of new active wikipedia editors : at least 5
- Number of new users: at least 15
- 4 months after the contest, at least 500 of photos are used on wiki projects
- 4 months after the event, 500 of uploaded photos are categorized as valued, quality or featured
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some global metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
Resources and risks
- wikiarbia 2015
- Report WikiArabia 2015
- Wiki Loves Earth Tunisia 2015
- Wiki Loves Earth Tunisia 2015/Report
- Annual plan 2015-2016
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
- Project budget table
|Rubric||Number||Unit price||Total TND||Total USD||Notes|
|Local workshop wikimedia commons and quality photos (1st Step)||2||300||600||301||supported by Tunisian Association of photographers|
|Travel of the wikimedia commons user (trainer )||1||1 000||1 000||500|
|Accommodation of the wikimedia commons user||2||150||300||151|
|Other costs||1||500||500||251||Transport from the airport to the hotel entry stamp in Tunisia, and other emergency costs|
|Accommodation for all participants ( @25 TND/night per person for 3 nights)||28||75||2 100||1 053||1/2 supported by Tunisian Association of photographers|
|Transportation||1||1 000||1 000||500||1/2 supported by Tunisian Association of photographers|
|Total||5 500||2 756|
- Total cost of project
5 500 TND / 2 756 $
- Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants program
3 350 TND/ 1 680 $
- Additional sources of revenue that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded
Part of the operational aspect of this project is funded by Tunisian Association of photographers.
2 150 TND / 1 077 $ supported by
See a description of non-financial assistance available. Please inform the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requests for non-financial assistance now.
- Requests for non-financial assistance, if any
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talk page, mailing list. Please paste a link below to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT
Do you think this project should be selected for a Project and Event Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. Other feedback, questions or concerns from community members are also highly valued, but please post them on the talk page of this proposal.