Grants:PEG/WM UA/Programs in Ukraine 2013/Report
- 1 Compliance and completion
- 2 Activities and lessons learned
- 2.1 Activities
- 2.1.1 WEP
- 22.214.171.124 Wikitraining in Sevastopol 2013-07-12
- 126.96.36.199 Wikitraining in Luhansk 2013-07-16
- 188.8.131.52 Wikitraining in Kyiv 2013-08-22
- 184.108.40.206 Wikitraining in Kyiv 2013-09-18
- 220.127.116.11 Presentation in Euromaidan Open University in Kyiv 2013-12-30
- 18.104.22.168 Wikitraining in Chernihiv 2014-01-28
- 22.214.171.124 Wikitraining in Lviv 2014-01-30
- 126.96.36.199 Wikitraining in Lviv 2014-02-05
- 188.8.131.52 Wikitraining in Kyiv 2014-02-10
- 184.108.40.206 Wikitraining in Zaporizhia 2014-02-15
- 2.1.2 Wikiexpeditions
- 220.127.116.11 Wikiexpedition in Slavutych (12 th)
- 18.104.22.168 Wikiexpedition on Golybi Ozera (13 th)
- 22.214.171.124 Wikiexpedition to Solovki (14 th)
- 126.96.36.199 AlongCarpathian expedition 2013 (15 th)
- 188.8.131.52 Wikiexpedition Castles of Ternopil (16 th)
- 184.108.40.206 2nd Wikiexpedition to Korostensky raion of Zhytomyr Oblast (17 th)
- 220.127.116.11 1-st Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 23-11-2013 (18 th)
- 18.104.22.168 Wikiexpedition to Ripky of Chernigiv Oblast 17-12-2013 (19 th)
- 22.214.171.124 2-nd Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 22-12-2013 (20 th)
- 126.96.36.199 3-rd Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 09-03-2014 (21 st)
- 188.8.131.52 Velowikiexpeditions
- 2.1.3 WikiConference 2013 Vinnytsia
- 2.1.4 Wikiconference in Armenia
- 2.1.5 Wiki events and WMUA GM 2013
- 2.1.6 Publishing
- 2.1.7 Souvenirs and Wikizghushchivka
- 2.1.8 Library
- 2.1.9 Wiki Loves Monuments
- 2.1.10 Administrative expenses
- 2.1.1 WEP
- 2.2 Lessons learned
- 2.1 Activities
- 3 Project goal and measures of success
- 4 Impact
- 5 Reporting and documentation of expenditures
- 6 References
Compliance and completion
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Is your project completed?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Did you use any of the grant funds?
- Answer YES or NO.
Activities and lessons learned
This section describes what the grantee did, and what the grantee learned from implementing the project. This section should be useful to others implementing similar projects and is an opportunity for the grantee to reflect on the project's performance.
- Provide a detailed list of activities performed to complete this project, descriptions of these activities, and the amount of time spent on each activity. This section should also include a list of participants, or a link to pictures, blog posts, or videos from the project or event.
Wikitraining in Sevastopol 2013-07-12
- Wikitraining in Sevastopol 2013-07-12
- photos Not done
Wikitraining in Luhansk 2013-07-16
This workshop was also dedicated to the start of a writing contest Галерея слави.
Wikitraining in Kyiv 2013-08-22
- Wikitraining in Kyiv 2013-08-22
This workshop was conducted with the help of AIESEC, our WLM partner.
Wikitraining in Kyiv 2013-09-18
Presentation in Euromaidan Open University in Kyiv 2013-12-30
Lecture on the stage of Euromaidan Open University during Euromaidan in Kyiv
Wikitraining in Chernihiv 2014-01-28
Wikitraining in the municipal library
Wikitraining in Lviv 2014-01-30
Workshop in the library of Lviv University
Wikitraining in Lviv 2014-02-05
Workshop in the Ye Book Store
Wikitraining in Kyiv 2014-02-10
Workshop in the Nash Format Club
Wikitraining in Zaporizhia 2014-02-15
- "Всеукраїнський БарКемп 15 лютого 2014 в Запоріжжі" (in Ukrainian). www.faynokray.in.ua. Retrieved 12.06.2014. Check date values in:
- presentation: Amakuha. "Як написати статтю у Вікіпедії (яку не видалять)?" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 12.06.2014. Check date values in:
Wikiexpedition in Slavutych (12 th)
Full coverage of a quite distant city that was poorly documented on Commons
Wikiexpedition on Golybi Ozera (13 th)
Wikiexpedition to Solovki (14 th)
Visit of the places related to Ukrainian history and culture in and around Solovki
AlongCarpathian expedition 2013 (15 th)
The wikiexpedition was on foot, 515 km, 32 days. 43 populated places were visited (2 cities, 2 towns, 39 villages). 211 pictures were uploaded, including the pictures from mountains peaks and ranges, and abandoned villages.
Here is a day-by-day illustrated itinerary: AlongCarpathian expedition 2013.
Wikiexpedition Castles of Ternopil (16 th)
Visit of the castles around Ternopil, most of these have rich history but are in poor state and are somewhat lacking tourists
2nd Wikiexpedition to Korostensky raion of Zhytomyr Oblast (17 th)
Covering villages that we could not visit during our previous expedition to this region
1-st Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 23-11-2013 (18 th)
First expedition organised by local wikimedians from Chernihiv, 13 villages covered.
Wikiexpedition to Ripky of Chernigiv Oblast 17-12-2013 (19 th)
2-nd Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 22-12-2013 (20 th)
We pictured 11 objects: 10 villages and an airport. These are (in parentheses a number of photos):
- Zaytsi commons:Category:Zaytsi Зайці (37)
- Lgiv commons:Category:Lgiv Льгів (53)
- Levkovychi commons:Category:Levkovychi, Chernihiv Raion Левковичі (49)
- Myhailo-Kotsyubynske commons:Category:Myhailo-Kotsyubynske uk:Михайло-Коцюбинське (70)
- Andriyivka commons:Category:Andriyivka, Chernihiv Raion Андріївка (62)
- Zheved commons:Category:Zheved Жеведь (32)
- Kozerogy commons:Category:Kozerogy Козероги (21)
- Smolyn commons:Category:Smolyn, Chernihiv Raion Смолин (27)
- Honcharivske commons:Category:Honcharivske Гончарівське ()
- Slabyn commons:Category:Slabyn Слабин (8)
- old Chernihiv airport
Very interested objects are Village hotels "Anriyivski Ozera" in village Andiyivka and little military town Honcharivske (tank division). Some fun was in old Chernihiv airport and ex-raion town Myhailo-Kotsyubynske (ex Kozel).
3-rd Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 09-03-2014 (21 st)
15 villages were visited, around 600 pictures were taken. There were also some publications about this:
- "По Черниговскому району путешествует «Википедия»". www.gorod.cn.ua. Retrieved 10.06.2014. Check date values in:
- "По Черниговскому району путешествует «Википедия»". www.0462.ua. Retrieved 10.06.2014. Check date values in:
- Poltava Oblast: Wikiexpedition to Novosanzharskyi raion, 360 pictures taken, 32 articles illustrated (about each village). A very old church (1837) was discovered in one of the villages.
WikiConference 2013 Vinnytsia
The conference was held on 2-3 November 2013 in Vinnytsia. It was the 3rd Wikiconference in Ukraine. This time it was organized with the help of Vinnytsia Institute of Economics and Social Sciences. 32 participants attended the conference, including a guest from Estonia. We initally planned to have conference materials published, but did not manage to do it so far.
- "У Вінниці відбулася Третя українська вікіконференція" (in Ukrainian). regionews.ua. Retrieved 10.06.2014. Check date values in:
Wikiconference in Armenia
- "Вікіконференція у Вірменії" (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 12.06.2014. Check date values in:
- Presentation: Wikimedia Ukraine, Yerevan (2013)
WikiConference Yerevan 2013 was the second international Wikiconference in Yerevan, Armenia (5–6 October 2013). Two WMUA members (Visem and Ліонкінг) were able to visit this conference and exchange experience with Armenian wikimedians.
Wiki events and WMUA GM 2013
WMUA GM 2013
We organised three article contests during this period, but none required WMF funding:
- Галерея слави (Glory Gallery), about Eastern regions of Ukraine and Southwestern Russia. The presentation of the contest took place together with a Wikitraining on 16 July (blog post), and winners received their prizes in December (blog post). The contest was funded by the Association of Honorary Citizens, Mentors and Gifted Young People
- WikiBioContest-2013, with a different format: prizes were awarded not for most contributions, but for the best article, and the jury was entirely composed of scientists from the relevant spheres. The contest generated about a dozen of good and featured articles from different fields of biology. The contest was announced on 1 September (blog post), and winners received their prizes by the end of October (blog post). This contest was funded by PROXEN
- Пишемо про ЄС (Writing about the EU), about the European Union. The contest was presented in late September (blog post) in presence of European diplomats, and its results were revealed on 21 December 2013 during an official ceremony (blog post). This contest was entirely funded by sponsors who wished not to disclose their identity.
Two photo exhibitions of Wiki Loves Monuments photos were funded from this line.
We planned to organise a further event, namely a conference dedicated to the 10th anniversary of Ukrainian Wikipedia, but due to tragic events in Kyiv a few days before we had to cancel it, as people were not really thinking of celebrations and discussing Wikipedia-related issues. We also had to cancel the press conference, as it had no chance of attracting any media attention on that day.
Initially we have planned to publish "How to Edit Wikipedia 2.0", some booklets and brochures on different projects (GLAM, f.ex). The 3rd Wikiconference materials were included into our plans in October, but of all our comparatively big publishing projects only Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Ukraine was finished. And it took us some time (we have been working intensively on it for two months, but there was almost nothing done about it from November till April).
The main achievement in this period was publishing of Wikimedia Cheatsheets. They are useful for educational activities and are distributed as a part of wikitrainings, as well as during various events. Other publishing activities included license information for photos of Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 exhibitions as well as certificates for winners.
Souvenirs and Wikizghushchivka
The activities that require having souvenirs were not popular during the grant period. We have been giving out the souvenirs that were left from the previous grant (pens, cups and pins with Wiki Loves Monuments logo etc.). Wikizghushchivka was not given to users for the last months, as there were more pressing matters and the volunteers responsible for the project running were not engaged with it.
We have prepared USB flash drives with WLM logo and distributed them to the winners of Wiki Loves Monuments. We also bought paper bags for the prizes.
External sources of souvenirs included Lettera27 notebooks with WLM logo that Lettera27 was giving to the organizing committees of participating countries.
A few books were bought:
- Енциклопедія Криворіжжя (Kryvyi Rih Region Encyclopaedia) - we have received a permission to publish the book under the free license;
- "Наслідуючи Христа: Віруючий у Бога Тарас Шевченко" - to create articles about Taras Shevchenko;
- "Українська музична енциклопедія" (1-ий та 3-ій томи - Ukrainian Music Encyclopaedia) - for creating articles about musicians and music;
- "Holy Bible" - we have managed to get a permission for a Ukrainian translation of the text, and ReAl has scanned the book already to publish it on Commons and Wikisource. But the part with correct optical character recognition of the text do take time - the pages of the book are really thin and a lot of manual work is needed;
- books about Natural Heritage Sites in Ukraine - a writing contest or a thematic week/month for Wiki Loves Earth contest was planned.
The books are all listed here: WMUA Library.
Wiki Loves Monuments
Wiki Loves Monuments was held in Ukraine for the second time. The contest took place from 1 to 30 September, and participants could choose among 50 thousand monuments from all regions of Ukraine. 604 photographers took part in the contest. 35,710 images were uploaded to Wikimedia Commons during the competition, which is Ukrainian national record, over 2 thousand more than last year.
We had a press conference in Kyiv, was organized for free by one of our partners, Ukrinform, and in Chernihiv, organized by Intermezzo. We have also organized a presentation of a special nomination "Monuments of Armenian Heritage in Ukraine".
The Jury's offline meeting was held on October 27, 2013. It was organized with the help of our partner RegioNews.
The prizes were awarded in different nominations — both for quality of photos (best photos of Ukraine and each region) and for the quantity of pictured monuments. Contest also had special nominations: monuments of Armenian and Greek cultures, monuments related to music and monuments related to Ukrainian national liberation in the 20th century, as well as a special prize for the best photo of Kyiv taken by a foreigner. The pictures of destroyed monuments formed a separate category of contest works. The national jury consisted of 14 members (photographers, wikimedians, historians, museologists, activists, travellers, etc.).
The award ceremony of the Ukrainian contest was held on 9 November 2013 in Chocolate House Art Centre in Kyiv, that is a cultural heritage monument itself. Almost a thousand of best photos of the contest were represented at the photo festival Photo Dryer 2013 in Central House of Artists in Kyiv on 14 December. Also an exhibition in Chernihiv was held. We had planned to have one in Odessa as well (one of our WLM partners was willing to help with organizing it), but the events in Ukraine were not okay to do it.
The album of the best photos of Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Ukraine, winners of special nominations of the contest, as well as the best photos from the international part of the contest was published.
- Images from Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Ukraine
- Presentation conference in Kyiv
- Presentation conference in Chernihiv
- TheNorDar presentation
- Awards Ceremony
- Exhibition in Kiev
- Exhibition in Chernihiv
- Winners of Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 in Ukraine
The nomination for the quantity of pictured monuments was a really successful one. 9473 objects were photographed (8568 during 2012). Top-10 photographers in the nomination looks like this:
- Serge Krinitsia - 2959 objects pictured (seems to be the record among all participating countries);
- Olena Machulenko - 1157;
- Vadym Posternak - 949;
- Vadym Kosyi - 722;
- Andrii Y. Bondarenko - 474;
- Mykola Sarapulov - 364;
- Dmytro Rovchak - 358;
- Dmytro Akramov - 356;
- User Revontulet - 354;
- Oleksandr Mykhailyk - 320.
Around 50 photos were selected to be included in the WLM 2013 photo album. Also we have included there the photos from wikiexpeditions and Wiki Loves Earth contest: gallery.
Website hosting was the most money consuming budget line. Till this year WMUA did not own any websites - they were all owned by individual members. This was not okay, as the owners have often forgotten to pay for the hosting, to create backups, to respond when needed. They were unwilling (of course) to give access for others. We had a very unpleasant situation when a WLM site stopped working, because one of our 'donators' had faced some severe financial troubles and told us that WMUA is to return him all money spent by him. We had decided to a) buy the websites and to pay for their hosting officially; b) create a technical committee, thus the users there would not break anything and WMUA would not again be in a situation when only one person has all the passwords and access.
Post and bank expenses are also included here, as well as notary fees (we have made certified copies of the most important documents).
- What lessons were learned that may help others succeed in similar projects? Consider the following questions and respond with 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- What went well?
- We have conducted a fair lot of wikitrainings, and would have conducted more, but the situation was not in our favour.
- There were several interesting wikiexpeditions during the grant period. AlongCarpathian expedition is one of them. Almost all expeditions were held in areas that were poorly covered on Wikimedia projects.
- Our 3rd wikiconference was held in Vinnytsia.
- We have received a permission to publish the Bible in Ukrainian under a free license and are working on having it scanned.
- We had a successful Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 photo contest, beating the last year's record of the number of images uploaded. We also offered to each winner to choose a prize from the pre-defined list, which was really successful and made everyone happy.
- We have conducted a WikiBioContest, that was aimed at creating good and featured articles and a lot of scientists were among participants. It was our biggest project conducted with the help of other donors (Shao found a sponsor for this contest).
- What did not go well?
- We have learned a lesson, that a short report is to be submitted by a person whose expenses were reimbursed or who is responsible for something (including links to commons categories, publications, videos, other materials) (See Grants:PEG/WM UA/Programs in Ukraine 2012/Report#Lessons learned). We have tried to implement this practice, but afterwards the situation in Ukraine became too hectic and we abandoned this practice, thus the reporting process was a bit difficult.
- We have been working on the presentation WLM 2013 photo album after the results were known. But the work was postponed and we were able to resume our work only in late March. The price for paper is "sensitive" to the exchange rate of EUR, thus the album turned out to be more expensive than we have anticipated. Luckily we were able to have a press-conference for free and save on some other lines. Thus we had the funds needed.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- We would like to have a chance to do it (and to plan) during more peaceful time.
Project goal and measures of success
This section should reference the project goals and measures of success described in the approved grant submission. See Grants:PEG/WM UA/Programs in Ukraine 2013 to review the goals and metrics listed in the approved submission.
- Provide the project goal here.
- The goal of the project is to increase the amount of active wikipedians in Wikipedia and other wikiprojects by conducting workshops and working with new editors, teaching them to contribute to different wikiprojects (e.g. Commons, Wikivoyage, Wikinews), not only to Wikipedia.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- We achieved the goal of the project. The number of active users in Wikipedia and other projects is growing (2,026 before the period and 2,303 after on Wikimedia), although it is hard to measure the exact contribution of this project. We have taught a number of people to contribute to Wikipedia, and our new cheatsheets will make it easier to teach new contributors. We have organised a number of contests aiming to involve new contributors, like Wiki Loves Monuments targeting photographers or WikiBioContest targeting scientists. We also increased participation to Commons (by image uploads from expeditions and from WLM), Wikivoyage (we asked to contribute to the pages of the respective regions after Wikiexpeditions) and partially Wikinews.
Measures of success
- List the measures of success exactly as provided in the approved grant submission, and evaluate your project according to each measure listed there.
- number of newly registered editors (wikiexpeditions, workshops, WLM 2013) - 10 / 130 / 300;
- number of illustrations uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (wikiexpeditions, WLM 2013, wikipedia) - 1900 / 30 000;
- number of publications (about our projects, wikiexpeditions, WLM 2013, wikipedia and other wikiprojects, for example, Wikivoyage) - 20 per months, 120 total;
- number of newly illustrated articles about the cultural heritage sites and other places of interest (wikiexpeditions, WLM 2013) - at least 500 articles;
- Provide an overall assessment of how your project went according to these measures.
- number of newly registered editors (wikiexpeditions, workshops, WLM 2013) - 3 (we involved several little active editors, but it was hard to reach people who never edited Wikipedia before for this project) / ca. 100 attendees (we could not track however how many of them became active editors) / 458;
- number of illustrations uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (wikiexpeditions, WLM 2013, wikipedia) - 4206 / 35 670;
- number of publications (about our projects, wikiexpeditions, WLM 2013, wikipedia and other wikiprojects, for example, Wikivoyage) - 475 (see uk:ВП:ППВ);
- number of newly illustrated articles about the cultural heritage sites and other places of interest (wikiexpeditions, WLM 2013) - over 1000 only for WLM 2013 (measured with GLAMorous);
- If you were to plan a similar project, would you measure it differently? If yes, please explain how.
- We would check contributions of users who have attended our wikitrainings. So far we have documented only the number of attendees, but we did not know how many of them effectively continued editing after the training (as we did not systematically record nicknames). We have recently installed the Education Program extension on Ukrainian Wikipedia and we are going to use it for more effective tracking of the results of WEP.
This section ties this project to Wikimedia's broader goals, and shows what the project accomplished.
- What impact did this project have on WMF's mission and the strategic goals? Please answer in 1 -2 paragraphs and include specific measures of impact such as the number of readers or editors reached by a particular project, or the number of articles edited or improved.
- Stabilize infrastructure
- We increased our organisational stability during this period. In particular, we developed a number of partnerships for our activities (only Wiki Loves Monuments had about 20 partners) that we are looking forward to develop in future. We also reorganised our system of website hostings to make it more stable.
- Increase participation
- More people became participating in Wikimedia projects. Wiki Loves Monuments was especially successful, as it attracted almost 500 new users. We also increased participation among travellers and photographers (WLM, wikiexpeditions) and scientists (WikiBioContest).
- Improve quality
- More free images for articles thanks to WLM, a dozen of good and featured articles thanks to WikiBioContest, improving quality of articles thanks to Wikiexpeditions. We also bought books that will be used to write high-quality articles to Wikipedia.
- Increase reach
- Thanks to wikitrainings and Wikipedia Cheatsheets more people discovered how to contribute to Wikipedia, and thanks to our contest more people became actually involved in contributing to Wikipedia. Wikiconference and Wikiexpeditions helped us to involve local communities as well.
- Encourage innovation
- WikiConference encouraged wikimedians to share their ideas on future developments of Wikimedia projects. We also organised a number of innovative projects, for example, WikiBioContest was a new model of the contest explicitly focused on high quality content.
Reporting and documentation of expenditures
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
- These expenses should be listed in the same format as the budget table in your approved submission so that anyone reading this report may be able to easily compare budgeted vs. actual expenses.
- Note that variances in the project budget over 10% per expense category must be approved in advance by WMF Grants Program staff. For all other variances, please provide an explanation in the table below.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
|1||WEP||Workshops||event||2||435.14 UAH||106.36||806.00||USD||870.28 UAH|
|2||Wikiexpeditions||Wikiexpeditions organized to create free content||event||9||1126.90 UAH||1239.46||1162.00||USD||10,142.08 UAH|
|3||Wikiconference||The 3rd Ukrainian Wikiconference||event||1||13,303.13 UAH||1625.77||2152.00||USD|
|4||Wiki events and WMUA GM 2013||-||event||1||4621.22 UAH||564.76||1790.00||USD|
|6||Souvenirs and Wikizghushchivka||-||project||1||4580.24 UAH||559.75||638.00||USD|
|7||Library||Books to create articles and to scan (if there is a permission)||book||12||190.29 UAH||279.07||250.00||USD||2283.53 UAH|
|8||Wiki Loves Monuments||-||project||1||61,838.18 UAH||7557.24||6963.00||USD|
|9||Administrative expenses||-||project||1||6132.14 UAH||749.41||1373.00||USD|
|Number||Item description||Unit||Qty||Actual cost per unit UAH /USD||Total actual cost (USD)||Budgeted cost (USD)||Other sources (USD)||Notes|
|1.1||Wikiworkshops (travel and per diems for conducting workshops)||event||2||435.14 / 53.18||106.36||657.00||-||Other workshops were organized by volunteers without using grant funds|
|1.2||Travel (travel and per diems for signing the agreements etc)||event||-||-||-||141.00||-||All new agreements were signed in cities where we have volunteers|
|1.3||Materials (printing out the materials for the workshops)||event||-||-||-||8.00||-||Wikipedia Cheatsheets were published to help|
|2.1||Wikiexpeditions (by bus, train or car)||event||7||1027.14 / 125.53||878.69||751.00||125.53||One wikiexpedition was organized by volunteers without grant funds|
|2.2||Wikiexpeditions (by bike)||event||1||478.72 / 58.50||58.50||394.00||-|
|2.3||Wikiexpeditions (on foot)||event||1||2473.40 / 302.27||302.27||17.00||344.02||AlongCarpathian expedition was on foot, 515 km, 32 days. The whole budget was 646.29 USD|
|3.1||Travel expenses (for participants) 2-way||person||30||151.48 / 18.51||555.38||751.00||-|
|3.2||Accommodation expenses (for participants)||person||10||142.98 / 17.47||174.73||125.00||-|
|3.3||Materials (for participants)||person||32||675.99 / 2.58||82.61||75.00||-|
|3.4||Coffee-break and lunch (for participants)||person||32||78.92 / 9.64||308.65||500.50||-|
|3.5||International Conference travel expenses||person||2||2063.68 / 252.20||504.40||500.50||-||Two WMUA members took part in an international conference (Armenia). Only travel expenses were covered by this|
|3.6||Hall rent||day||2||1000.00 / 122.21||-||200||244.42||Vinnytsia Institute of Economics and Social Sciences provided us with the hall|
|4. Wiki events and WMUA GM 2013||564.75||1790.00||2378.25|
|4.1||WMUA GM 2013 (travel and accommodation, coffee-break and lunch)||person||30||208.00 UAH / 16.13 USD||484.15||781.00||Annual general meeting of all organization members. 31 members attended the meeting, many of them living outside Kyiv.|
|4.2||Wiki events (transport, rent of hall, coffee-break, souvenirs)||event||2||329.79 UAH / 40.30 USD||80.60||1009.00||2378.25||2 WLM photo exhibitions funded from WMF grant, three article contests were entirely funded by sponsors.|
|5.1||Publishing||project||1||2916.89 UAH / 356.47 USD||356.47||1501.00||-|
|6. Souvenirs and Wikizghushchivka||559.75||638.00||-|
|6.1||Souvenirs||person||72||63.20 UAH / 7.72 USD||556.13||450.00||-|
|6.2||Wikizghushchivka||person||6||4.94 UAH / 0.60 USD||3.62||188.00||-|
|7.1||Library||book||12||190.29 / 23.26||279.07||250.00||-|
|8. Wiki Loves Monuments||7557.24||6963.00||798.86|
|8.1||Press-conference||event||1||2040.00 UAH / 249.31 USD||-||511.00||249.31||Our partner Ukrinform have helped us with this event|
|8.2||Main Prizes||per nomination / per place||6 / 3||3714.69 UAH / 453.92 USD||2723.83||2583.00||-|
|8.3||Additional Prizes & Awards||person||7||384.58 UAH / 47.00 USD||376.02||562.50||244.42|
|8.4||Jury's offline meeting (travel expenses and meals)||event||1||1734.46 UAH / 211.97 USD||211.97||300.00||-|
|8.5||Hall rent||day||1||170.21 UAH / 20.80 USD||20.80||188.00||78.01||Partially funded by the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine who owns the Chocolate House Art Centre.|
|8.6||Hall decorations||event||1||1000.00 UAH / 125.11 USD||-||125.00||-||The building was a cultural heritage monument itself and did not require any decorations.|
|8.7||Travel expenses (for participants and jury members)||person||30||140.28 UAH / 17.14 USD||514.31||375.00||-||Almost all winners were living outside Kyiv, which meant better coverage of regions but higher costs.|
|8.8||Post expenses and telephone charges||project||1||368.65 UAH / 45.05 USD||45.05||125.00||27.12|
|8.9||Food & Beverages. Stand-up party||person||30||25.00 UAH / 3.13 USD||-||94.00||-|
|8.10||Publishing photo album||project||1||29,800.00 UAH / 3641.86 USD||3641.86||1877.00||-||Costs became significantly higher than expected as price of paper has almost doubled.|
|8.11||Technical support||hour||40||39.97 UAH / 5.00 USD||-||200.00||200.00||List conversion computer program adaptation|
|8.12||Transportation expenses||way||3||63.83 UAH / 7.80 USD||23.40||22.50||-||Our banners, prizes and food were delivered to the venue|
|9. Administrative expenses||749.42||1373.00||556.11|
|9.1||Post expenses and telephone charges||month||9||128.90 UAH / 15.75 USD||141.77||45.00||-|
|9.2||Accounting fees||month||1||315.00 UAH / 38.50 USD||38.50||450.00||450.00|
|9.3||Travel expenses (board meetings)||person||4||375.00 UAH / 46.92 USD||-||188.00||-||Only online meetings were held during the period.|
|9.4||Office supplies||month||1||18.73 UAH / 2.29 USD||2.29||37.50||61.11|
|9.5||Bank expenses||month||9||263.02 UAH / 32.14 USD||289.30||570.00||-|
|9.6||Transportation expenses||month||6||60.00 UAH / 7.51 USD||-||45.00||45.00|
|9.7||Website hosting||month||9||252.35 UAH / 30.84 USD||277.56||37.50||-|
Exchange Rate Calculation
|No.||Date||Amount (UAH)||Exchange Rate (USD/UAH)||Amount sold (USD)|
Weighted exchange rate for the grant period: 0.12221
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 16,635.00 USD
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if the WMF grant is your only funding source)
- 14,363.00 USD
- Total amount spent on this project (this total should be the total calculated from the table above)
- 17,485.49 USD
- Total amount of WMF grant funds spent on this project (this total will be the same as the total amount spent if the WMF grant is your only funding source)
- 13,038.30 USD
- Are there additional sources of revenue that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Yes, our partners. Among them: PROXEN, RegioNews, Ukrinform etc.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 1324.70 USD
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- We would like to request the remaining funds of this grant to be applied to our already approved 2014 grant.
- 2014 was supposed to be Taras Shevchenko's year, but his 200th anniversary had no chance to become the main media event either in Ukraine or in the world
- 13 workshops, 10 participants
- NoFOP in Ukraine will prevent from uploading every picture taken to Wikimedia Commons
- 38 wikiexpeditions, 50 pictures each
- NoFOP included
- the articles are to be written, though. some article contest (wikiweek or wikimonth) is to be organized AFTER the photo contest
- NoFOP in Ukraine will prevent from uploading every picture taken to Wikimedia Commons
- Only WMF grant funds are calculated here
- We have already requested 625 USD out of these unused funds to be applied to our already approved 2014 grant