Grants:PEG/WM US-NYC/Events Grant Reapportionment
- Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
- Wikimedia New York City
- Grant contact name
- Richard Knipel
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Richard Knipel
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- W-CNY2 and WTM Grant Reapportionment
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional completion date
- December 2012
- US$362.76 on Wikipedia Day 2010
- US$1352.98 on future small-scale events of an outreach nature (which often require short-notice planning): Wikipedia Loves Libraries, Wikipedia Day 2012, Wiki-Workshops of various types
With the reapportionment of remaining funds from the Wiki-Conference New York 2 and Wikipedia Takes Manhattan Grants (underspent by US$957.34 and US$758.40 respectively), we will be able to use our available allotment with more flexibility for anticipated smaller events whose funding would have otherwise consumed a large proportion of our Kick Start Grant. The purpose of the events would be primarily outreach to the local institutions in our area and to the other editors of the New York metropolitan area or elsewhere.
The goal of this request is to help develop more sustained and professional relationships with the institutions and communities of our region through the continued funding of minor events. We therefore request that the unused remaining funds from the two previously mentioned grant be reallocated for use on other events of similar nature.
There are no conceivable non-financial requirements associated with this request.
Fit to strategy
This request will support the fundamental goals of the Chapter through financial sustainability. Wikimedia New York City will have more flexibility to handle future inevitable liabilities.
Measures of success
We will consider this project a success if we are able to show that the reapportioned funds from the previously listed grants fulfill the Chapter's mission and perpetuate our series of high quality events and outreach activities in a sustainable manner.
- These events may take the form of perhaps a content gathering project in unison with a local institution, such as Wikipedia Takes Manhattan, or as large as another Wiki-Conference, which we do not as of yet have the funds to host if we had decided on going in that direction.